THE MOUSETRAP

glalonzo0408glalonzo0408 Pennsylvania, United States
Hello, my husband and I are going to London and would like to see The Mousetrap.  Have you seen it?  Did you enjoy it? Any suggestions?

Comments

• SammyJSammyJ Hampshire, United Kingdom
    I've seen it twice, once in London and once in my local theatre. Both performances were brilliant! During the second viewing I noticed some clues as to 'whodunnit', so if you have the 'little grey cells' of Poirot, you may be able to solve it before the end but it had me stumped!!!
  • tudestudes Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    I saw last year and I really enjoy. The actors are really good. My husband doesn't care about Agatha Christie and he loved the play. And the theatre is very beautiful. I think you will love.
  • glalonzo0408glalonzo0408 Pennsylvania, United States
    thank you everyone....i am so looking forward to seeing it
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    I saw it in the 80s and Loved it, You wil have an enjoyable time.
  • I have seen The Mousetrap twelve times and enjoyed it every time. The cast changed every six months and the actors put their own interpretation into the part they play; it always seems that you are watching a new play. Really enjoyable.
  • SeaSnapSeaSnap Cornwall, United Kingdom
    I really want to see this! This is one of my things to do.
  • ianthepoetianthepoet Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
    I loved watching The Mousetrap, in London, and still have the programs. And the murderer is... No I will not spoil it for anyone.
    Thank you for not spoiling it..........I can't wait

• MarkCrookMarkCrook Lancashire, United Kingdom
    I've seen it twice and I'm going to see it again at Blackpool's Grand Theatre in November :-)
  • SinTahSinTah New Jersey, United States
    I have never seen the play, I have read Three Blind Mice. It was actually the first Christie I ever read. I have a question about one of the characters: is Christopher Wren meant to be gay? Christopher is my favorite character in Three Blind Mice, and it always seemed to me that he was gay, even though Christie never said so (never said so about Mr Pye either). Especially in Christopher's scene with Molly, I clearly felt he was gay, and that Molly knew it; I was so exasperated at Giles' jealousy, wanted to scream at him, 'Can't you see he is not a threat?!' Also Chris did seem to appreciate handsome police officers very much. Any thoughts?
  • I loved The Mousetrap. I saw it in London years ago, and then again very recently in the touring show. I could remember the outcome, but it didn't spoil my enjoyment at all. In fact, I enjoyed it even more this time. I was there with people who had never seen it (and are not as big Agatha fans as me) and they really enjoyed it too.

Hope you have a great time.
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    SinTah, many productions of The Mousetrap imply that Wren is gay, although many do not, on the aforementioned grounds that otherwise Giles's jealousy makes no sense.  It's up to the actor and the production team.
  • ChristeryChristery Rhode Island, United States
    I have seen the play twice done by two different local theatre companies and enjoyed it both times. There is a lot of atmosphere and humor in the play and it is a quintessential example of a Christie murder mystery. The most recent time I saw it they had a beautiful stage set with a roaring fireplace and a huge central picture window with fake snow falling outside it. It was very cool! Every Christie fan should definetly see it at least once.
    Thank you Christery......
  • Christopher_WrenChristopher_Wren Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
    SinTah said:
    I have never seen the play, I have read Three Blind Mice. It was actually the first Christie I ever read. I have a question about one of the characters: is Christopher Wren meant to be gay? Christopher is my favorite character in Three Blind Mice, and it always seemed to me that he was gay, even though Christie never said so (never said so about Mr Pye either). Especially in Christopher's scene with Molly, I clearly felt he was gay, and that Molly knew it; I was so exasperated at Giles' jealousy, wanted to scream at him, 'Can't you see he is not a threat?!' Also Chris did seem to appreciate handsome police officers very much. Any thoughts?
    Yes, I think he's meant to be gay.
    I saw this Play in 1986, and I was so swept away with the Play And seeing it (It was a Birthday present, It never occurred to me he was gay until a few days ago someone mentioned him in a list of Christie's Characters who readers think are gay, I have got the Collection and this play is among them, I am annoyed about that and very unlikely to read it
    I think he's a very sympathetic portrayal of a gay character, given the time. In my opinion, the Mousetrap has much better characters, than it's given credit for. Particularly Christopher, Miss Casewell and Sergeant Trotter can be very multi layered in the hands of the right actors.
  • RinRin Hong Kong, China
    I have seen the English version three times. One in Shanghai, one in Hong Kong (the 60th anniversary tour) and the latest in St Martins. And I think the one in St Martins is really good. You can really see the little details which add more humor and sense to the play. Until today, I still think The Mousetrap a perfect play for a nice and cozy evening.
  • MoonrakerMoonraker Wiltshire, United Kingdom
    I never felt that he was gay, but certainly gay in its original meaning! I have seen the play several times, the last time was its tour at Salisbury Playhouse. A fabulous play that i could watch again straight after the curtain call!
  • FrankFrank Queensland, Australia
    I agree with glalonzo0408 has been to London yet and if so did she and her Husband see the show as she hoped. I would like to hear what they thought.
  • I went and saw the play last year, it was highly enjoyable. Interestingly three people who are in my social circles have seen it and have said some very interesting facts when they went to see the production:

1. My dentist had noted that throughout the play there is something inconsistent with it. What this is he cannot remember has someone pointed it out to him. (If anyone else may have spotted this inconsistent please say)

2.The person who came along with me to watch The Mousetrap (as we were two in number) had guessed the murderer(s) simply because person playing the part curled his/her hair which is a common sign to show guilt.

3.My associate told me that when she saw the play a women who was sitting near her had a stroke, then during intermission which was only a minute or two away, the paramedics arrived. It was then mentioned in the local paper, The Evening Post, that the women past away that night.

How very sad

Yesterday I saw The Mousetrap, again, brilliant. Heard this story from some American that Hollywood have bought the rights in the early 1960's, however they cannot start until the play finishes its run, hopefully that will be never.
    The Film rights were sold shortly after it started its West End Run on the Proviso Production of The Film doesn't start until 6 Months after The London has Finished, We might not have suitable Actors by Then
    Frank said:
    I agree with glalonzo0408 has been to London yet and if so did she and her Husband see the show as she hoped. I would like to hear what they thought.

I go in September Frank......I will let you know what I think....

• strawberry13funstrawberry13fun Bromley, United Kingdom
    The play is genius! To be able to have a whole play situated in just one room is amazing! I was taken away with how amazing the plot was and enjoyed the whole play from beginning to end.  I would highly recommend this to everyone as it show Christie's play writing skills of and proves she is an extremely talented writer. Does anyone know whethr it is true that they change who commited the crime each time?
    The play is genius! To be able to have a whole play situated in just one room is amazing! I was taken away with how amazing the plot was and enjoyed the whole play from beginning to end.  I would highly recommend this to everyone as it show Christie's play writing skills of and proves she is an extremely talented writer. Does anyone know whethr it is true that they change who commited the crime each time?
    Sorry not allowed to say.
    No, it's not true. It's always the same murderer.
    I sometimes wish there were lots of versions of Christie Novels with Different Murderers then the enjoyment could go on for ages and would mean What ITV did with Miss Marple wouldn't be so bad.
  • I saw the play in London many years ago and I fell in love with Agatha Christie; upon returning home I had to buy the play (a set of plays) and loved it even more; after reading Ten Little Indians, I had to read And Then There Were None and my love for Agatha Christie was complete; now I have to own every novel, short story, play, etc, she ever wrote!