Agatha Christie; A Musical?

Hello! I've read in a few different places about the early process of adapting the Poirot novel 'Hickory Dickory Dock' during the 60's. I'd absolutely love to know as much as possible about the whole thing and I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge about it? Also, and I think I probably know the answer to this already, but does any of the music written for the musical still exist? And if so, are there any recordings of it, or was the score ever published? Thanking any repliers in advance! 

Comments

• TommyTommy Vale of Glamorgan, The, United Kingdom

Hello! I've read in a few different places about the early process of adapting the Poirot novel 'Hickory Dickory Dock' during the 60's. I'd absolutely love to know as much as possible about the whole thing and I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge about it? Also, and I think I probably know the answer to this already, but does any of the music written for the musical still exist? And if so, are there any recordings of it, or was the score ever published? Thanking any repliers in advance! 
    We've done some digging and have the following for you.

The people behind the idea were John Wells http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Wells_(satirist) and Alexis Weissenberg, we think this might be him http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexis_Weissenberg - they both visited Rosalind Hicks in the 1960s to discuss the idea. We don't think there was any music written.

Hope that helps you in your research!
  • Thank you so much!
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    I remember hearing about this through Dame Diana Rigg's introduction to the Poirot episode "Hickory Dickory Dock" on PBS.  The tentative working title of the show was "Deathbeat."
  • FrankFrank Queensland, Australia
    Until I read @GlenDunlea post I had never thought of any of Agatha Christie Novels or Plays as a Musical. Too bad it never happened it could have fun.
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    The radio play "Yellow Iris" was a musical– the story is set at a nightclub, and it was punctuated with songs by the restaurant's singer.