s wheeler

I have decided to sell a typed letter signed by Agatha Christie written to my mother. I have been asked to give a reserved price and wonder If you could be kind enough to advise. I would dearly have loved to keep it but with my husband in a care home need to raise additional funds.
Thank you

Comments

• GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    On Ebay, an Agatha Christie autograph alone (just an autograph on a card) costs two to several hundred dollars.  A handwritten letter costs nine thousand dollars.  A typed letter signed by Christie could probably fetch at least a few thousand dollars, depending on the venue and market.
  • can you suggest a suitable venue? 
  • TommyTommy Vale of Glamorgan, The, United Kingdom
    sheridan75 - Sorry to hear your reasons for selling your letter. You could try some established auction houses, such as Bonhams - http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/ - give them a call and I'm sure they'll have a suitable auction for your letter at some point in the near future. Or try a google search for a similar item to yours as though you were a buyer and see which places sell such things - this could help you establish a price also - though I believe Bonhams offer a valuation pre auction. 

Best of luck
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom

There is a Book Expert on The Antiques Road Show, either write to him or when The Programme goes to a location near you attend and ask his advice, It will be impartial and Honest, he will be able to put you in touch with the right kind of Auction, If you write to Him enclose an S.A.E, as this will ensure he replies and if he is not the right person to advise you he knows who will be, you won't get anywhere enough on ebay.

Good Luck