Who is in what

I was wondering if anyone could produce a list of all the Poriot short stories that feature Captain Hastings, Chief Inspector Japp and Miss Lemon. I am asking specifically this because I can find easily lists of all the novels they feature in but not the short stories. This will be gratefully appreciated.

Also,

I read somewhere that Hastings is the narrator of the majority of stories he is featured in, I have read some of the novels and short stories but have not found one where he is in it but is not the narrotor, if you could tell me which stories/story it is I will also be greatly appreciative.

Comments

• TommyTommy Vale of Glamorgan, The, United Kingdom
    Thank you for your question Nathan - it is very specific! Perhaps a Hastings expert will happen upon this question and provide an answer for you - however it is not something that we can instantly extract from a database sadly. 
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    When you say you want a list of short stories do you want the short stories that feature Hastings AND Japp AND Miss Marple or just a list of at least 2 of them because Miss Lemon appeared in more than Agatha Christie put her in so she wasn't in all the ones that Japp or Hastings were in and I don't think Japp appeared in all that Hastings appeared in and Hastings started telling The Chocolate box story but only in as much as he said that usually he told the stories but with this one Poirot told him as for the others with Hstings they are all told by him I think.
  • I'm not an expert - just an avid reader: Black Coffee which was adapted as a novel by Charles Osborne is the only story I know which features both Poirot and Hastings yet is told entirely in the third person form. 
  • Thank you for your question Tommy A Jones, sorry if I did not explain well enough, I was looking for a list of all the poirot short stories in publication order (From Poirot Invetigates to Poirot's Early Casses) and next to each story if ANY of the character (Capatin Hastings, Inspector Japp or Miss Lemon) appeared in them, and if not, then a blank would be there or the word none. So it would be any stories that featured only one of the three chararcters, or 2 of the characters or all three of them. Like this:

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> Short Story Collection A                                  Features:

Story AA   - Story Features: Captain Hastings and Inspector Japp

Story AB   - Story Features: None

Story AC   - Story Features: Inspector Japp and Miss Lemon

Story AD   - Story Features: None

Story AE   - Story Features: Captain Hastings

Short Story Collection B

Story BA   - Story Features: Inspector Japp

Story BB   - Story Features: Captain Hastings

Story BC   - Story Features: None

Story BD   - Story Features: None

Story BE   - Story Features: Captain Hastings and Inspector Japp

Of course, this is just how I would create a list, the list can be done in a completely different way, as my method may take longer for someone else to do.

Once again thank you for your comment, I did not realize how difficult the task is and how clear I would need to be. Once again sorry if I did not explain it properly.

• Sorry, I must have clicked the show source button and that is why there is a large series of letters and numbers in the middle of my comment, this was unintentional.

As well as that I did the list on Mircrosoft Word 2010, and because I copied it instead of creating it myself in the actural commnet space, I think that is why there are no spaces, you see each story was ment to go underneath the previouse one.  So it could look like a list. Sorry once again.

• Don't worry about the mistake, I've done it before myself more than once. Here is the list from the short stories of Poirot that I have read. Poirot Investigates: Features: ( I have not read this short story collection) Murder in the Mews: Murder in the Mews. - Inspector Japp The Incredible Theft - None Dead Man's Mirror. - None Triangle At Rhodes. -None The Labours of Hercules The Nemean Lion - Miss Lemon. The lernean Hydra. - None The Arcadian Deer - None The Erymanthian Boar. - None The Augean Stables. - None The Stymphalean Birds. -None The Cretan Bull -None The Horses of Diomedes -None The Girdle of Hyppolita. - Inspector Japp The Flock of Geryon - Inspector Japp The Apples of the Hesperides. - None The Capture of Cerberus. - Inspector Japp and Miss Lemon The Adventure Of the Christmas Pudding The Adventure of the Christmas Pudding. - None The Mystery of the Spanish Chest - Miss Lemon The Under Dog - Miss Lemon Four and Twenty Blackbirds. - None The Dream - None Poirot's Early Cases The Affiar of the Victory Ball - Captain Hastings and Inspector Japp The Adventure of the Clapham Cook - Captain Hastings and Inspector Japp The Cornish Mystery. - Captain Hastings The Adventure of Johnnie Waverly - Captain Hastings The Double Clue - Captain Hastings The King of Clubs - Captain Hastings The Lemesurier Inheritance - Captain Hastings The Lost Mine - Captain Hastings The Plymouth Express - Captain Hastings and Chief Inspector Japp The Chocolate Box - Captain Hastings The Submarine Plans - Captain Hastings The Third Floor Flat. - Captain Hastings Double Sin - Captain Hastings The Market Basing Mystery - Captain Hastings Wasps' Nest - None The Veiled Lady - Captain Hastings Problem at Sea - None How Does Your Garden Grow? - Miss Lemon These are all in which the trio appeared in the short stories, apart from Poirot ' Investigates which I have not read. What I am curios is which novels and short stories Poirot's valet George appeared in. does anyone know that?
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    Georges is in "The Nemean Lion," "The Lernean Hydra," and "The Apples of the Hesperides," all in THE LABOURS OF HERCULES. 
    Is George in The Underdog or am I imagining it?
    Also is that the story where \poirot has to ask The Butler "What is The Oppinion in The Servants Hall?
  • TommyTommy Vale of Glamorgan, The, United Kingdom
    Well done you lot!