Crooked House

mstrsims2mstrsims2 Massachusetts, United States
edited May 2014 in Non-series novels
I just re-read Crooked House and thought how it would make a very good adaptation.  Then I read that Julian Fellows and Tim Price have written an adaptation which shoots this fall

Any other news on this ???
Julian Fellowes (screenplay)

Agatha Christie  novel
Tim Rose Price  screenplay

Comments

• FrankFrank Queensland, Australia
    Great minds must think alike. I asked the same question a while ago and was advised by @GKCfan the following: "Fellowes is writing the screenplay, not directing.  Neil LaBute is directing.  The production seems to be delayed, but the movie is, as far as I know, still in development.  However, a lot of the original casting choices may be redone."
  • StathisZavitsanosStathisZavitsanos Attiki, Greece
    It is indeed a great book. It was my first. I look  forward to watching a adaptation.
  • I just bought an old copy of "Agatha Christie: Mistress of mystery". Among the photos at the beginning there is a photo of a New Yorker Caricature showing two women drinking tea, and one says to the other: "What I like about Agatha Christie is that she's full of surprises. This time she puts poison in the cocoa". The caricature is copyrighted 1949. Underneath that, there is a caption: "A  cartoonist's comment on Mrs. Christie's popularity. Mrs. Christie was amused, but confesses that she can't remember ever putting poison in cocoa..." However, in March that year "Crooked House" came out, in which poison in cocoa is used. So, was AC's memory at fault? Or did she get the idea from the caricature? (highly unlikely, since the book was probably completed before the beginning of 1949). Any thoughts?
  • mstrsims2mstrsims2 Massachusetts, United States
    there is poison in cocoa in Miss Marple's NEMISIS I think...intended for Miss Marple !

• mstrsims2 said:
    there is poison in cocoa in Miss Marple's NEMISIS I think...intended for Miss Marple !

Actually, in Nemesis, the poison was in Miss Marple's warm milk. 
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    Correct ChristieFanForLife.
  • mstrsims2mstrsims2 Massachusetts, United States
    You are right.   In the Hickson version the murder asks if instead she'd like some cocoa...  but Miss Marple knows that would be poisoned too !