Gothic Christie

I'm looking for Christie's books that would have some elements of gothic for my thesis - I want to write about gothic in mystery novels. I've read a number of her books in my life, but I can only remember Endless Night as being somehow gothic. I'm open for all kind of suggestions - gothic characters, atmosphere, places and situations :)

Comments

• AgathasmykidAgathasmykid British Columbia, Canada
    Hi laru. how do you define Gothic?
  • FrankFrank Queensland, Australia

laru.wojcik. If by Gothic you mean supernatural I would suggest The Hound of Death. It is a collection of twelve short Stories by Agatha Christie published in October 1933. Most of the stories are tales of fate and the supernatural with little detective content. 

• Endless Night is an excellent choice! You might also consider Nemesis, Murder is Easy, or perhaps Hallowe'en Party or By the Pricking of My Thumbs.
  • @Agathasmykid

I'm looking for supernatural activities (or the suspicion of it), dark and gloomy atmosphere, mist, old houses or castles. The things you can find in classic gothic novels (Ann Radcliffe, Walpole) and novels such as Dickens' Great Expectaions or Daphne du Maurier's Rebecca.

Thanks for your suggestions! I haven't read The Hound of Death and Nemesis, so I will start with these. I will also reread the others afterwards :)