What books to read??

AgathaSparrowAgathaSparrow Devon, United Kingdom
Hello,
I am a twelve year old girl, and I know what your thinking but I am intelligent for my age and after meeting an author of children's crime novels Tanya Landman, she suggested reading Poirot, I have now feel in love with Agatha's novels I have not read Poirot in order though I have read the ABC Murders, Murder on the Orient express and five little pigs. I am looking for suggestions of what to read next, I dont want something to gory though.
Thanks for your time
Evie
An avid reader

Comments

• TeddyBgTeddyBg Bulgaria
    edited January 2015
    Hi there and welcome to Agatha's world. Most of us have started reading Agatha on your age. Me too, so it's not so young age. You really picked one of her best books. You can try "Cards on the Table"
  • AgathaSparrowAgathaSparrow Devon, United Kingdom
    Thanks TeddyBg
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    Hello, I would also "Try Cat Among The Pigeons", that is set in a Posh Girls School so you might like it
    Thank you very much, I look forward to reading it!
  • Hi @AgathaSparrow‌ I am 15 and I started reading since I was really young but I started reading Agatha at 12 .. You have plenty of choices you have the decision. Aither you want to read short stories or a novel ,why not to read AC's masterpiece. Murder of Roger ackroyed or and then there were none or murder is announced maybe..? And from short story books I recommend three blind mice and other stories and labors of Hercules..have a nice time :)
    thanks maryamalbulushi thanks I really appreicate it i will read them soon!
  • tudestudes Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    I think it's a good idea Seven Dials Mystery. It's not a Poirot's book. I read it when I was your age and liked a lot. It's more like an adventure book, not exactly a typical Poirot, but it's very nice and the ending is amazing!
    Ok, who is the author??
    It's Agatha Christie (Seven Dilas Mystery).
    But if you want a different author, I recommend The Chinese shawl and The Ivory Dagger, both from Patricia Wentworth. They're very similar to Miss Marple and not so good as Agatha Christie, but they're nice and I think you can enjoy reading (at least I did).
  • I also like very much Seven Dials Mystery, It's in my top 10.
    For a long time, Seven Dials Mystery was in my top 10. Today, certainly in my top 20. I'm very fond of this book!
    Me Too, If I could be floating about in the Background of any non-Miss Marple Book It could very well be one of the Bundle Books or Why Didn't They Ask Evans which is very much like a Bundle Book.
    I also think so. Why didn't ask Evans is a kind of story that Bundle would fit perfectly! Besides, it's amazing! It's one of my favorites non-series novels!
    Unfortunately, the tv adaption with Miss Marple and others things ruined the story!
    I totally agree amd wonder why Agatha Christie didn't have Bundle as the sleuth, I can only assume it is because she wanted Bundle to eventually get married and Bill would not have fitted in the Book, she could have had lost Lady Derwent and have Bundle marry Bobby and have either lost Bill or have Bill as a Best mate who marries an old friend of Bundle or she could have lost Bundle, Bill, Lady Derwent and Bobby and made the Bundle Books and Why Didn't They Ask Evans? Tommy and Tuppence Books
    Oh Yes forgot to say, The 1st version of Why Didn't They Ask Evans was too long but apart from that Excellent.
    I haven't seen the first version. I'll look for on youtube.
    SPOILED:
    Indeed, Bill doesn't fit Why didn't they ask Evans. I think Bundles's marriage shut down her career as a detective. Bill is totally different from Tommy. And, besides, she (Aatha Christie) probably thought that two couple as detective would be too much. She already had Tuppence and Tommy. Too bad. Bundle is a very nice character.
    I think you might be right which is odd because she had 4 Female Sleuths, Miss Marple, Victoria, Ann and The one in Destination Unknown, she could have made both Couples slightly different. 
    I agree. Maybe it's the kind of story. For instance, A Marple's plot is diferent from a TT one.  Maybe she would like to write more one than other. I don't know.
    I hadn't thought of that,you are probably right.