The Third Murder - Guto Fernandez

TommyTommy Vale of Glamorgan, The, United Kingdom
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=603936086317000&set=a.592366310807311.1073741827.592357640808178&type=1&theater

Poor Guto - why on earth was he murdered? Put your guesses to the Christie community here. Any idea who the Mystery Man is yet? Do tell...

Comments

• Guto said: "A long time ago I lost my faith and left my monestary" and "I left my home country to escape bad people and bad society"

Was he a monk or priest? If so, what was the reason for losing his faith?

To run from bad people - they mean you harm. Tu run from bad society - they tell lies about him or are they wicked in some way?

• It says he might be in the concrete foundation of the new supermarket: something Henry was supervising ?
    Did he project the building maybe ?

• LL88LL88 Sofiya, Bulgaria
    Maybe Guto has stolen something in the past, that is why his hand is out of the concrete. Or maybe burying him under the concrete means something else?
  • I was thinking that maybe he swore on the bible, in a court of law. Or maybe it has something to do with No 5 (five fingers).
    Also you bury o body in concrete because you don't want it to be found. But why leave one hand outside?
  • MariaMaria Pichincha, Ecuador
    maybe he's trying to "grab" something...
  • cphh1007cphh1007 New York, United States
    Should "lays" be "lies"?  Is this another grammar mistake perhaps???
  • AgathasmykidAgathasmykid British Columbia, Canada

This one seems like the answer should be really obvious because we have so much information already; there is a religious/supernatural element to it, his position as a gardener, he immigrated, the picture focuses on an arm.  And yet every place I have looked on the website that relates to these areas has lead me no where.  I think I am going to need the second clue, if not the third!

• edited October 2013
    cphh1007 said:
    Should "lays" be "lies"?  Is this another grammar mistake perhaps???

Yes, you are correct, it should be "lies" and not "lays".  So far the spelling and grammatical errors have not turned out to be clues, so one must draw one's own conclusions.
    edited October 2013
    there's a vision! Fe+C... iron+carbon... let's add the hand...
  • Maria said:
    there's a vision! Fe+C... iron+carbon... let's add the hand...
    My thoughts exactly!
  • So confused. I think Fe+C is the chemical compound for cast iron
  • JillHJillH Leeds, United Kingdom
    Isn't FE + C the chemical compound for steel? so is his crime that he stole something? Or is it a name?
  • Cast iron and steel are not the same thing, although many ppl think it is
    edited October 2013
    So confused. I think Fe+C is the chemical compound for cast iron
    cast iron is just iron, you just melt it and pour it in a cast... you need to add the carbon...
    JillH said:
    Isn't FE + C the chemical compound for steel? so is his crime that he stole something? Or is it a name?
    the important thing is how it was written Fe+C, so I think we're looking at the chemical compound... but most of all, a homophone word...
    edited October 2013
    JillH said:

I think he stole something! Just like I supposed after seeing his hand. :)
    And I found the hidden link! I am very happy it is in something I have read and entered the correct place from the first time.
    And if the missed letters from the secret links are to add to the name of the Mystery Man, I also have an idea who it could be.
  • Steel or steal
  • JillHJillH Leeds, United Kingdom

Found it! Go with steal, rather than steel.

Yes!!! third link!!! we're on the right track guys... you just need to find a synonymous from a homophone...
    Steel or steal
    exactly
  • Yes, found the link! 
  • Wow! GOT IT!  Hope it wasn't just a lottery... Now I'm waiting anxiously for the next vision to see if they will confirm that finding the third link wasn't just a happy coincidence. For the moment, I think that the first clue is a very good one...
    JillH said:

I think he stole something! Just like I supposed after seeing his hand. :)
    And I found the hidden link! I am very happy it is in something I have read and entered the correct place from the first time.
    And if the missed letters from the secret links are to add to the name of the Mystery Man, I also have an idea who it could be.
    however, if you look closely, those 3 letters are common to all of our suspects/victims... so, beware!
  • cphh1007cphh1007 New York, United States
    edited October 2013
    I incredibly found it, finally!  Can't wait to see the other visions and the next victims!
  • AgathasmykidAgathasmykid British Columbia, Canada
    Great job everyone!  I have been looking most of the day and for some reason I still can't find it! :(
  • femaccafemacca Singapore, Singapore
    cphh1007 said:
    I incredibly found it, finally!  Can't wait to see the other visions and the next victims!
    I agree it is an incredible find! But I'm still none the wiser about the identity of the Mystery Man.   :(
  • Got it. Such a clever vision and yet so deceptively simple. 
    Maria said:
    however, if you look closely, those 3 letters are common to all of our suspects/victims... so, beware!
    I think they are most common for only two of the characters. But if not on the next, then after the 5th letter I will know if I was right. Of course, it could spell something else, for example the motive the Mystery Man had. Just as I like to say: we will see.

I only want to add that I suspected Guto to be the Mystery Man, because someone killing 7 other people should have an incredible motive, for example revenge or justice. When I took the second version, it led me to Guto and the theory that he was working in a monastery - what if the others had confessed to him their sins (crimes) and he decided to take the justice in his hands. I also thought that the hand found on the concrete was not his, but Henry's (we do not know if the body of Henry was found - we only have a picture of "it" on eBay), but then I understood the crime Guto did in the past and this theory seems somehow improper. Still, if no firm confirmation that Guto or Henry's whole body was found, and should I have no more ideas, I might come back to this one as a last resort.
  • Maria said:
    I think they are most common for only two of the characters. But if not on the next, then after the 5th letter I will know if I was right. Of course, it could spell something else, for example the motive the Mystery Man had. Just as I like to say: we will see.

I only want to add that I suspected Guto to be the Mystery Man, because someone killing 7 other people should have an incredible motive, for example revenge or justice. When I took the second version, it led me to Guto and the theory that he was working in a monastery - what if the others had confessed to him their sins (crimes) and he decided to take the justice in his hands. I also thought that the hand found on the concrete was not his, but Henry's (we do not know if the body of Henry was found - we only have a picture of "it" on eBay), but then I understood the crime Guto did in the past and this theory seems somehow improper. Still, if no firm confirmation that Guto or Henry's whole body was found, and should I have no more ideas, I might come back to this one as a last resort.
    Found the link!  :)

I am thinking Henry is the murderer (there was only the picture of his body) so he could be running around killing off the remaining ones! But we shall see where the game leads us to. ;)
    Lyubomir.Lalev88 I just meant to say that, if you tabe both the fist name and last name of the suspects/victims, those letters are common to them all, but I agree with your theory, I have thought about that too.