completing the circle

As you all know I recently read the great ABC murders and there was something I couldn't understand so I thought maybe it has been cut from the Arabic version and I wanted to know the answer..
now the question is what was the purpose of poirot asking his team members questions?? And why didn't he ask Megan? Because I didn't see a link between this part and the revealing part and I think there must be a connection between these two parts .. Waiting for your answers
thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    He does doesn't he? In The Adaptation she is played by Pippa Guard, The one thing that troubles me is The Ascher Contingent is reoresented by only by the Niece where as the other 2 Contingent's are represented by 2 people and it looks odd considering Poirot's love of Symmetry but there again she is the only person associated with the first Victim isn't sh so it would look odd if she was accompanied wouldn't it?
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    ***SPOILERS***

In the English Language edition, Poirot explains at the end that he asked the team questions for various reasons.  Some of the questions were important, while others were irrelevant.  In my edition, he did ask Megan a question– "Do you want the truth of these murders to be known?"  When she said "No!" Poirot realized that she wrongly believed that Donald might have killed her sister.  

Poirot's question to Franklin Clarke, by asking him about Ascot, was simply meant to reveal that Franklin Clarke was in London at the time one of the letters was posted, which meant that he could have mailed an ABC letter.  It was a subtle way of obtaining another piece of evidence.  

Poirot's question to Mary was probably meant to see if he should find her a love interest in the future.  He loves setting up young people!  Thora's question wasn't really meant for her– Poirot wanted to see the look on Franklin's face when he heard about the possibility of Thora marrying his brother, having children, and the children inheriting the fortune instead of him!  As Poirot reveals, Franklin's briefly angry, jealous face (which the reader never got a chance to see) gave him away.

I forget what Donald's question was.

I'm not sure, but it sounds like your translated version was abridged.

I hope that this answer helps!
  • thanks alot i knew something was missing and now it's all clear 

thanks again ^-^ @tommy_A_Jones @GKCfan
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    You're welcome!
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    Yes you are.