Searching for the name of a story

Hello, 
I'm searching for a short story I've read long ago but I can't remember its name
what I remember is that it doesn't feature Miss Marple neither Hercules Poirot nor Mr. Quin 
it is about a doctor who discovers that his patient is a thief who stole a bank, so the doctor kills the patient and takes his money. 
I hope you will be able to help me 
and thanks a lot ^_^

Comments

• It does remind me of the story "The Adventure of the Resident Patient". However, this is a Sherlock Holmes story, so no Agatha Christie here.

But maybe I am wrong?

• Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    I think I can remember it, are just 2 men in it? Have you tried reading all the Stand alone short stories, I can't remember the name of it but it doesn't have Poirot, Miss Marple, The Beresfords, Parker Pyne, or Mr Quin in it if it is the one I am thinking of, has it got a Captain in it, I don't think it has been made into an Adaptation either, that should narrow it down.
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    Is it Accident in The Volume which is has The Listerdale Mystery and Philomel Cottage, My Copy is called The Listerdale Mystery but some copies are called Philomel Cottage.