Books??

Does anybody recommend any novels for a person who has night terrors? I would like to read some more mystery books, but I don't want to get all freaked out and not be able to sleep.

Comments

• Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    Why Didn't The Ask Evans, The Secret of Chimneys and 7 Dials. might be what you are looking for. or The Man In The Brown Suit or At Bertram's Hotel or Cat Among The Pigeons.
  • 4.50 from Paddington isn't too bad either. No real scares, at the start there is a bit about strangling but no much. 
  • I am not an expert but just recommending.

• You might want to read some of the short stories, because some of the novels are so engrossing you won't be able to put them down once you start--not a good thing if you're starting in the wee hours of the morning.
    The Labours of Hercules would be good, I think.
    But if you don't want to be freaked out at night, don't read "And Then There Were None."
    Save that for the light of day.
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    If you get Night Terrors steer Clear from the short stories in Hound of Death or the 2 non Miss Marple stories in Miss Marple's Final Cases The Dressmaker's Doll and the story with the word Darkly in it.

Saying 4.50 From Paddington is "Not Too Bad is a Huge Understatement, It is Terrific.
  • edited April 2015
    Well it's only my opinion, I do watch a lot of horror too, so I probably do not notice it as much. 
  • Thank you so much! Now I have some summer reading to do!!