The Fourth Murder - Ted Anderson

TommyTommy Vale of Glamorgan, The, United Kingdom
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=604917382885537&set=a.592366310807311.1073741827.592357640808178&type=1&theater

Ted has been murdered, making him the fourth victim of the Mystery Man. That leaves four suspects, but which one is the murderer? And why was Ted Anderson wired up to a clock? Discuss your theories about Ted's murder and the ongoing investigation into the Mystery Man's true identity right here!

Comments

• I got the clue.
  • LL88LL88 Sofiya, Bulgaria
    Looks like an execution (I am not sure if is translated this way in English - my dictionary confirmed, but I hope it understood what I was asking). That makes me think that he tortured someone in the past, as an MP - who knows, maybe he used this method on some of his enemies.
    But having Ted dead and with sure he is dead (his body found with that clock next to it) makes me have no more (new) ideas who can be the Mystery Man and why he is killing these people.
  • jealousy it's suggested now. Did Ted Anderson had an affair? 
    Did he killed the husband or he was the husband?
    Obviously it's about revenge, but who's?
  • Time is running out for something ?
  • The first vision itself was not helpful to me. Couldn't connect it without the above given hint, so thank you
    >:D<
    Got it... thanks anamaria.ciop  ;)
    And I thank you. :)
  • MariaMaria Pichincha, Ecuador
    wht about the cannon? war?
  • AgathasmykidAgathasmykid British Columbia, Canada

Relatively easy one for me (finally lol!).  The vision of the cannon helped a lot, as do anamaria's theories.  Since I found this one very early, I think I will go through and explore other areas of the new Agatha Christie website.  I have always been interested in reading about Greenway House... 

• Evening All. Been a busy day so just catching up. I must admit I don't get this one so far HELP PLEASE!
  • Greenway is amazing. I own one of Agatha Christies own Tea Set that I bought in the Auction of Agathas things at Greenway. It's my prized possession :-)
  • here's a hint: the story in question contains 2 well-known Christie characters, both into the psyche of murderers/victims... i don't mean Poirot, or Marple, or Mrs. Oliver...
  • edited October 2013

the first clue... perfectly matches strange instrument of torture that poor Ted was "decorated" with... but it was difficult to associate it with the place where link is hidden. I agree that forum is extremely helpful. There are so many good detectives - this is beyond the shadow of a doubt. I'm JEALOUS of their smartness and cunning;-)
    Greenway is amazing. I own one of Agatha Christies own Tea Set that I bought in the Auction of Agathas things at Greenway. It's my prized possession :-)

Wow, you are very lucky, I wish I had something like that.  I would love to visit Greenway, however I guess all I can do is read about it now ;)
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    I'm floundering a bit.  I can't figure out this clue based on the cannon (assuming that's the operative word), and I can't figure out the story with two famous characters or how Greenway and jealousy might be clues...
  • okay, my last hint is that you are right, these clues might be a bit surreal...almost supernatural...
  • edited October 2013
    "Greenway", " jealousy" , one could be scenery, second - theme or rather motive, both present in the story. Cannon is also important especially for scenery but only if you find another  word for this artillery unit - the same as for the electric clock found in the victim. 
    edited October 2013
    GKCfan said:
    I'm floundering a bit.  I can't figure out this clue based on the cannon (assuming that's the operative word), and I can't figure out the story with two famous characters or how Greenway and jealousy might

"Greenway", " jealousy" , one could be scenery, second - theme or rather motive, both present in the story. Cannon is also important especially for scenery but only if you find another  world for this artillery unit - the same as for the electric clock found in the victim.

You also may want to ask yourself what type of person may use a cannon.
  • MariaMaria Pichincha, Ecuador
    well, I did find the link, very much associated with the description of the crime scene, and thanks to all the clues left here... but I still can't figure out the cannon, or has it more to do with the ocean view behind it?
    anyway, I think I just saw a shadow, got to go and check...
    Got it!  Thank you all!   
    And we need to think of synonyms for "cannon."
    GKCfan said:
    And we need to think of synonyms for "cannon."

That is a good one.  I also thought of what might come out of a cannon however that lead me no where.  Synonyms seem to be playing a big role in this year's game, and I hope that now that I am aware of that it will be easier to interpret future clues.  People may also want to think of synonyms for the type of person that could fire a cannon.
  • I'm either getting these right away or need to wait until the third vision and read all the posts here and on Facebook
  • got it finally! i normally wait till i get all the 3 clues but for this one i tried with the first clue and of course all the hints given by all of you were very helpful. Actually had to use Google coz i initially thought of two famous characters as T&T and it took me no where in the site. "greenway" is a real good hint. Thanks! :)
  • angelicalisonangelicalison South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    Thank you everyone for the hints, finally got it!!
  • in my hint, i said the 2 characters are into the psyche of murderers and victims, T&T are not really, they are more bound to the adrenaline of the investigation, almost like 'action heroes' :) and I also let that open bec. i don't really like too obvious hints, rather spoils your fun. some of the hints above are actually walking you through the solution, which is very helpful, but not necessary, I think. anyway, I'm glad more and more people found it. :) :)
  • Finally struck gold. This was HARD!!! Phew....!!!!
  • klaurose said:
    in my hint, i said the 2 characters are into the psyche of murderers and victims, T&T are not really, they are more bound to the adrenaline of the investigation, almost like 'action heroes' :) and I also let that open bec. i don't really like too obvious hints, rather spoils your fun. some of the hints above are actually walking you through the solution, which is very helpful, but not necessary, I think. anyway, I'm glad more and more people found it. :) :)
    true! i just haven't read those books of hers so it took me some searching to get to the link.. 

the second vision is a real give away though :)  :)
    I have not read the story in question, but I found the link with the hints here and a piece of luck. Due to these, I think I am not able to understand the visions like the rest.
    But I am glad I learned a new word - the one for the crime Ted had committed. I did not know it is called this way. Now his death is justified for me. :)
    (Only Guto's death seems to be too farfetched for me - the man deserved something not so severe as a punishment.)
  • Found It. I realised which character it was yesterday. But didn't have time to look through stories V Clever. I was always frightened of this character when I was young reading these stories but I do love them