"And Then There Were None" Opens January 24

Attention Chicago area Christie fans: And Then There Were None opens January 24.  Information here: https://www.facebook.com/events/589131214493181

Comments

• BlueMoonBlueMoon Mandaue, Philippines
    what do you mean?

• Dr.SheppardDr.Sheppard Oxford, UK
    The 10th Anniversary production of The Agatha Christie Theatre Company will be performing And Then There Were None at Theatre Royal in Windsor between Tuesday 13th and Saturday 24th January 2015. 
    I have just booked my ticket.
  • The first night for The Agatha Christie Theatre Company, And Then There Were None, was last night, 13th January. It was a brilliant performance and the cast should be congratulated on the production. This is the first time I have seen the play performed and the action centred around the living-room of the house on the island. I was relieved that murders were sometime committed off stage and we did not see 10 bodies on the stage. Having reviewed the script of the play, the director chose to use an alternative ending, but one that has been used in other productions. The play will start its tour around the UK on the 26th Jan and should finish in Torquay in September. I would fully recommend a visit to the play.
  • How I would like to have the opportunity to see such marvelous play. I love the book!
  • tudestudes Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    I've never seen this play, although I've already read the book and the play. It seems very nice.
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    I also would like to see the Play, I love the Book and have got the Audio Cassette, I have just received yesterday 2  versions of the Film and will buy others.
    Two versions of the film? Others?  I just know the one made in 1945. Please, tell me more!
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    tudes, there are multiple film versions of ATTWN.  There's one from the 1960's set in the Swiss Alps, one from the 1970's set in the Iranian desert, and another one set in Africa.  Those are all English language versions.  By far, the most faithful-to-the-book adaptation is the Russian-language one, and there's also a very loose adaptation that's a Bollywood musical.
    Thanks, GKCfan. I had no idea! Are they easy to find? I don't live in UK nor US nor Canda either. And sometimes it's very difficult to find these films. But, anyway, I'm very grateful.
    I have now got 3 Film versions, One with Oliver Reed, one with Shirley Eaton and Fabian and one with Leo Genn.
    I bought 2 on Amazon one on ebay.
    Thanks, Tommy_A_Jones!
  • TuppenceBeresfordTuppenceBeresford Hertford, United Kingdom
    I've only seen the 1965 film - I was disappointed by how much they changed the plot. It was as though they felt the existing murders weren't dramatic enough - which they are! I love how Agatha Christie makes me sympathise with every murderer, at least a little bit, but that didn't really happen in the film. Maybe I should buy some of the other versions. I wish I could have seen the play but I have the script and it's the next item on my reading list.
    I saw the 1945's version. I liked it. It was, in fact, an adaptation of the play not the book. It's a bit comic, although this wasn't in the play nor in the book, but it's not make me hate the movie.
  • CamronJoCamronJo Wisconsin, United States
    Oh how I wish I lived in the UK....or at least that the US would jump on the bandwagon and do something great for the 125th anniversary. 
    The 3-Part BBC Version wlll be shown at Christmas, Christmas just Gone it was Mapp and Lucia, In The year before it was The Lady Vanishes, one year it was a version of The 9 Steps with Angela Thorne's Son as Hannay, These Christmas Gems Brighten up Christmas for me.
  • MarcWatson-GrayMarcWatson-Gray Dundee City, United Kingdom
    Saw it at The Dundee Rep Theatre last year................Marvelous !!
  • AnubisAnubis Ontario, Canada
    This may already have been posted elsewhere, but some of the cast has been announced for the upcoming 3-part BBC Christmas version: Aidan Turner as Lombard, plus Douglas Booth, 23, Anna Maxwell Martin, 38, Sam Neill, 67, and Charles Dance, 68. There are some photos from the production on the Daily Mail website.
    I wondered if Narracottt and The Policemen were being Portrayed and by whom?