What is your favorite Agatha Christie Quote?

I want to know in her own words, what her feelings were on life, love, war, children, family, etc.  I have a quote from one of her books, but I wrote it in a journal somewhere, I can't find it.  I'm curious to find out what your favorite Agatha quote is? 

Comments

• When I find it, I'll list it, I think it was from The Third Girl, or Blue Train,  But I like this one too:

“I suppose it is because nearly all children go to school nowadays and have things arranged for them that they seem so forlornly unable to produce their own ideas.”
  • I've already mentioned my favourite, from "Ordeal by Innocence: "A little plain, honest-to-goodness neglect". This is the doctor, talking about good parenting.

• Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    I love the quote in Dumb Witness I can't remember it word for word but basically Hastings says Never take a Silor to a Play about the see, Never take a Soldier to a Play about the Army, Never take a Detective to a Murder Mystery and never take an Actor to any play at all. Closely followed by Elspeth McGillicuddy in 4.50 From Paddington saying "Jane I have Just Seen a Murder" and Miss Murgatroyd saying in A Murder Is Announced "She Wasn't There"
  • Tommy, I like all of your quotes!
    Thankyou Tali, The one in Dumb Witness always puts a smile on my face, The other 2 aree so well known they can't be used in Guess The Quote
  • tudestudes Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    I like the one from Evil under the sun:" It is romantic, yes. It is peaceful. The sun shines. The sea is blue. But you forget, miss Brewster, there is evil everywhere under the sun".
  • The bit of The Murder In The Vicarage where Mr Clement says: he is a modern poet with no capital letters but it is supposed to be clever.
  • Yes - I think that was poking fun at e.e.cummings.
  • My favourite is: "An archeologist is the best husband a woman can have.The older she gets, the more interested he is in her."
  • Sylvana, I've read that Agatha Christie said that, but she herself categorically denies it in her Autobiography. So how about another quote?
  • @taliavishay-arbel: here's another one though i still like the quote i wrote first  ;-)    

" Never do anything yourself that others can do for you"
  • Which book is that quote from? My guess is that it is said by a goodlooking young man.
  • @taliavishay-arbel: It's a quote said by Poirot himself to his valet Georges in "The labours of Hercules"  

:)
  • Gosh, was I off the mark!
  • Thing's are not what they seem (Quote)
    Would you  have any idea where this quote is from?

• AnubisAnubis Ontario, Canada
    edited May 2019
    Usually said, (as is "Trust no one!") by the person who is being deceptive. "Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden.” Phaedrus
  • perryperry ireland
    Poirot: "We make the little experiment"
  • I agree about She wasn't there (Murder is Announnced). Miss Marple is right. She wasn't there means one of the three they were talking about. She wasn't there confirms an earlier suspicion. But she wasn't there means that a person they were sure to be in a spot was not there!
  • HerculeAndAchilleHerculeAndAchille Harrogate, England
    Is it alright if my favorite quote is from a Mary Westmacott novel? This is it: "It's odd how words - casual, unconnected words, can make a thing live in your imagination." To me, it describes what I feel when I settle down to read a comfortable Miss Marple, a thrilling Quin or a puzzling Poirot. This, I think, was the beauty of Dame Christie's work…
  • MohanMohan Chennai
    My personal favourite is (there are many of course but this one stands out), is when Superintendent Battle tells Anthony Cade (not verbatim I'm afraid), ''most juries have no imagination but most of my work has been amongst that class - almost royalty who think that only their opinion counts and no one else's.  I have always found the upper class consistent in how they conduct themselves - fearless, truthful and sometimes extraordinarily foolish.  While most of us are only worried about what our neighbours will think!'' :-) 
    The Quote I like that comes to mind is "She Wasn't There"