E-book or print version?

Read this on facebook : What do you prefer? Agatha Christie in print version or in e-book? 

Comments

• Surely the printed version it's always different to hold the book instead of just, looking at it but sometimes when I am bored and can't find any agatha's book to buy I end up with the e-books and unfortunately most of my favourites like : ATTWN, 4.50 from Paddington, TMORA are e-books
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    Print Version every time...unless I suppose I am reading a Book or short story to see if I am right in thinking I hate it but as I have never used an e-book so can't actually say.
  • tudestudes Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Print version. The e-book can be easier to carry, but nothing compares to the pleasure of reading a printed book, flicking through the pages, feeling it by your side, at your hands. It's much better!
  • edited May 2015
    I totally agree! I also prefer the print version for the same reasons as @tudes   :)
  • I am with you @tudes and @silvana
  • ginestraginestra Lombardia, Italy
    Print version. I like  paper; Easier to carry and less "fatigant" for the eyes...
  • I simply love print books. Nothing can beat the pleasure of holding a book in your hand.
  • shanashana Paramaribo, Suriname
    Well I can point out a few plus points of e-books.
    It"s easier to buy an e-book via internet, Especially if one lives somewhere where AC's printed books are not easy to get by, as I do. It"s cheaper, faster also.
    And while reading an e-book the lights in the room can be turned off and you don"t hinder anyone else like your spouse sleeping beside you.
     And last but not least: e-books don't take up as much space on the shelf as printed books do. BUT ..... I confess a printed book is easier to handle and more fun to "have and hold" and read.
    :-bd
  • Print version as you can imagine the history of many other people doing exactly what you are doing at that moment reading a book imagining the glamour of Christie!
  • Never thought like that @Luke your post made me re-think ^-^
    My Sister suggested we sail off on to a Deserted \island and Read Books on I Pads, The Idea filled me with Dread, Propper Books every time
  • iPads hurt your eyes, I think.
  • AnubisAnubis Ontario, Canada
    Print for me, along with a comfy chair, hot tea, and faithful hound in front of fire place. iPads are good on the transit system though. I have finally learned how to download audio books from the local library and they are great for listening to in the evening.
  • Yes, other posters have mentioned listening to audio books in the evening, and it certainly seems like an extra relaxing way to enjoy the drama when you want to rest.
    Print or Audiobooks, IPads help close Book shops and Libraries.
    Alas, you are correct. There are not so many book shops as once there were. I love book stores. And books. But libraries seem to keep going. In Florida, a new library has opened that has NO books at all. 
    Come to think of it, one advantage of books is that you don't need to power them up. iPads wouldn't be much use on a deserted island, unless you had a really long extension cord. 
  • tudestudes Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    @Anubis, no books?! It's scary!
    I also love book stores, but it seems the book stores are turning into a mix of coffee shop and eletronic shop. They sell ipads, notebooks, tablets of all types, games etc, but books are becoming relics or old stuff.
  • Yeah same here @tudes .. Bookshops no longer are bookshops ,there was a one which I loved spending time in but unfortunately it was replaced with a toys shop!! Now to buy a book I need to go a really long distance with my sister by her car , so I ended up downloading some ,currently reading sad cypress
  • I always prefered paper books, till I realized that with gutenburg and similar sites I could download hundreds of e-books, some of them childhood favourites that I could never have reread otherwise. Once I bought a kindle and got used to it (I admit it took time) it definitely became my favourite way of reading. True, going back and forth in the book is different and more cumbersome (though definitely possible) but the advantages of fixing the format, letter size and spacing to make it eye-friendly (I'm 63 years old and my eyes are not as good as they were, which was never very good) and of being able to read in the dark without disturbing my husband are great advantages for me.
  • Oh mashallah you're 63 ..may you live a long happy life my dear and may god shower you with health and blessings ^_^
  • Thank you Maryam! Same to you.
    Isn't it wonderful that people of all ages and religions and countries are being drawn together in friendship by this common interest. I wish it happened more often in this world of ours.
  • DavidMalkinDavidMalkin Alberta, Canada
    Has to be print version. Timeless and classic!
  • I've only ever read book form. i enjoy collecting them and seeing the differences between the old and new editions. Who wants an e-book anyway?
  • martin223martin223 Levoca, Slovakia
    All my Agatha's books are in printed version except one The Mysterious Affair at Styles.  
  • I prefer e-books. But I also like to compare different editions. About that I have a question: I seem to remember an old edition of "Murder in Mesopotamia" that was dedicated to the Wooleys. The edition I have now is dedicated to "my many archeological friends". Is that original dedication just my fantasy, or has anyone else a copy with the wooley dedication?
  • After a couple of years when I preferred e-books (mostly for space reasons) it was a beginning collection of Agatha Christie novels that got me back to reading print novels.
    One main reason was that I was having a hard time immerging into stories from a pre-electric age setting while reading on a computer screen.
    Also, I like being able to tell the book's story from the cover, as well as seeing (and smelling!) a book age by use. Neither is possible if it require electricity to read, the pages will never change their appearance over time. And you can't show off what you read, either. ;)
    Also, I don't need to take breaks from reading just because some battery runs low.
  • These days I only read Agatha Christie as e-books, with the exception of the short story collections, which I do not own electronically yet.
    A lot of what I read now is BECAUSE of Agatha Christie.
    edited September 2017

In my Quest to find other books with Sleuths like Miss Marple or Hercule etc.