The Fifth Murder - Roberta Greatrex

TommyTommy Vale of Glamorgan, The, United Kingdom
edited October 2013 in The Mystery Man Game 2013

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=607803415930267&set=a.592366310807311.1073741827.592357640808178&type=1&theater

It's getting interesting now! Only three left - Mystic Margot, Stephen Barron and Fern Porter - but who is the Mystery Man? What do all the clues collected so far tell you? Discuss your latest theories here!

Comments

• LL88LL88 Sofiya, Bulgaria
    Her position of the body speak to me: "perjury". I might be wrong, but what else could it mean? It is a serious crime, and if this is the case, then what had she lied about?
    Anyway, having four men dead one after another and now skipping the last man and moving to a lady could also mean something. If the next is the Mystic, then I am about to have a new theory about the whole plot.
  • I caught the link early this time, further clues unnecessary.
  • glalonzo0408glalonzo0408 Pennsylvania, United States
    Can't believe i got it already....WOO HOO.......
  • AgathasmykidAgathasmykid British Columbia, Canada

Hi everyone.  I found it too!  Nice to have an easy one once in awhile.  Since I found this one quickly for a change I think I will stray away from mysteries and watch movies from another genre, I have the Mark of Zorro taped so maybe I will watch that.

• Does anyone think the actual clue words that the missing letters are in mean something to the overall puzzle?
  • glalonzo0408glalonzo0408 Pennsylvania, United States
    Does anyone think the actual clue words that the missing letters are in mean something to the overall puzzle?
    I never thought of that...........i am going to have to go back and make note...thanks for the tip
  • MariaMaria Pichincha, Ecuador
    Does anyone think the actual clue words that the missing letters are in mean something to the overall puzzle?
    I'm also keeping track on the title of the stories and the actual word that has the link to the clue... Not sure if they mean anything but still...
  • I note that all the letters we have found are still in the remaining alive people. Clever clever puzzle setters
    edited October 2013
    I only wonder how five men could end up the same way - marrying one and the same woman and dying in water-skiing accidents? I mean - one or two water-skiing deaths are ok, but five, and all of them being husbands of Roberta? This is either far-fetched, or it means something for the plot.
    I only wonder how five men could end up the same way - marrying one and the same woman and dying in water-skiing accidents? I mean - one or two water-skiing deaths are ok, but five, and all of them being husbands of Roberta? This is either far-fetched, or it means something for the plot.
    Either they were really stupid or Roberta was really clever... 
  • yeap, found it. I had to make a few searches
    :D but finally connect it to the correct one.
    and both, the news and the vision were good clues!
  • I am about to give up.  I get them with hints here, but I can NEVER seem to get them on my own.  I contemplate the clue and try to match it to a story, and I have good ideas but never the right story.
    I am about to give up.  I get them with hints here, but I can NEVER seem to get them on my own.  I contemplate the clue and try to match it to a story, and I have good ideas but never the right story.
    in this case, imagine the position of the body: right hand on the bible and left hand rised... who would be put in that position? and why would the vision take Roberta's words and equal them to nothing?
  • Hmmmm.    I was going with Liar, and there certainly are a lot of good liars in her books.. so I also have to look at the other picture.  Hmmm. 
  • Just what I needed, Maria.  Thanks.

I kept getting hung up on Halloween Party, or the Moving Finger, or Peril at End House for some reason.    I go off in circles sometimes.

I just need to be patient and wait for the next clue instead of coming here!
  • looks like i need to wait for the second vision for this one again! :(
  • femaccafemacca Singapore, Singapore
    I actually went to the correct site on my first try yet missed the clue. Went on a wild-goose chase before returning to what I felt had to be the only story that fit the bill. Read every single word on the site and finally spotted the link. What a fumbling detective I am!  :-< 
  • femacca said:
    I actually went to the correct site on my first try yet missed the clue. Went on a wild-goose chase before returning to what I felt had to be the only story that fit the bill. Read every single word on the site and finally spotted the link. What a fumbling detective I am!  :-< 
    the exact same happened to me with the third clue :D i felt horrible and a bit angry that i didn't persist on my instincts and looked harder for that tiny little word having a different color. two times i missed it, but i returned again and again and there it was :D
  • I only wonder how five men could end up the same way - marrying one and the same woman and dying in water-skiing accidents? I mean - one or two water-skiing deaths are ok, but five, and all of them being husbands of Roberta? This is either far-fetched, or it means something for the plot.
    notice that they die after divorcing Roberta. How would Roberta benefit from that?
  • I would like to know the COD of Roberta.

notice that they die after divorcing Roberta. How would Roberta benefit from that?
    Maybe it wasn't for any benefit, maybe it was just plain revenge...

I have not read it correctly. :) But still, it is strange. Revenge or not, one and the same accident for all five of them and it happens after the divorce...
  • For those still struggling, the final vision really makes it plain and simple...Just remember it's not a rat....not even a mouse....or a hamster ;)
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    It's the second clue I'm having trouble with, even though I found the link...
  • GKCfan said:
    It's the second clue I'm having trouble with, even though I found the link...

Think of the crime

And find a rhyme.

I'm also getting

A clue from the setting.

• got it! the final vision was really helpful as i haven't read that story :)
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    NOW it makes sense!  Thanks!
  • I still haven't found it! I must not have read this story. 
    I still haven't found it! I must not have read this story. 
    The third hint is very useful. There is something on it that gives away one thing from the story in question. Even if you have not read it, you can still find it with the third hint.