Poirot DVD and Magazine Collection

MalcolmCoddMalcolmCodd Mid Glamorgan, United Kingdom

The remaining issues of the Poirot DVD and Magazine Collection (66 to 70) will be released at the end of January 2014.

Comments

• MalcolmCoddMalcolmCodd Mid Glamorgan, United Kingdom

Dear Mr Codd

I have copied in Mr Emile Boshoff who manages subscriptions for The Poirot Collection.

It may be that you have to provide details in advance in order to receive the 5 remaining issues automatically. We anticipate releasing these issues at the end of January/February. Parts 64 & 65 may also be available depending on stock levels.

With kind regards

Peter Hawkins
    On behalf of Agatha Christie Ltd

• I also subscribed to the Poirot collection but never recieved issues 52 or 53, despite numerous phone calls to the company, who eventually told me they were no longer available! Does anyone know where I could obtain copies of the magazine and DVD for these? I have looked on ebay and Amazon without success.

people often have Poirot Dvds and Magazines to sell on www.ebay.co.uk.

I'm still waiting for issues 64 and 65. It has been a month now since I ordered.

I received Issues 64 and 65 today - only 5 more to go now
  • I have been looking for Agatha Christie The Poirot Collection for the following DVD's but cant seem to find them. 

The Double Clue,

Cat Among the Pigeons,

Third Girl,

The Clocks,

Murder on the Orient Express,

Halloween Party,

Three Act tragedy,

Elephants Can Remember,

The Big Four,

Dead Mans folly, and

The Labours of Hercule Poirot

These are the only ones I am missing from the complete set so if anyone can help me I would be greatly appreciative.

Eliz

• McGintyMcGinty Bolton, United Kingdom
    It's now March, has anyone heard any more on when, or if, the final 5 are to be released ?

I was told there has been a delay - but people who have subscribed will be told when they are ready

Thanks Malcolm, I was beginning to think I'd missed out on them.
  • I received a reply to my enquiry yesterday concerning the final five episodes which would complete the collection  "....cannot confirm if or when the final issues will be released as we do not have the licensing rights for this".
  • Christopher_WrenChristopher_Wren Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
    I just watched the Suchet version of Murder on the Orient Express on DVD, and I have to say, that I quite liked it. The only scene, that I hated, was the woman being stoned to death in Istanbul. Other than that, I thought it was great. Granted, the ending was much more dramatical, but they needed to do something to have it stand out at least a bit in comparison to the famous movie.

And I have to say, that Barbara Hershey was IMO a much better Mrs Hubbard than Lauren Bacall.
    I received a reply to my enquiry yesterday concerning the final five episodes which would complete the collection  "....cannot confirm if or when the final issues will be released as we do not have the licensing rights for this".

Hmmmm..... Not good news. Wish they would just get their act together. I'll probably just buy the ITV box now from Amazon as I really don't want to wait an age to see them again.
  • I have sent further emails but have not (yet !!!) received any response.  Will keep you updated if I hear anything.  

I'll probably buy the final five episodes box set as well at half the cost of the subscription costs.
    Thanks Wayne, ordered mine from Amazon for £11, quite a saving although very disappointing as I would have liked to complete the collection. Ah well, not the end of the world !
  • I wonder where we would stand if we said we wanted to return the 65 episodes and magazines and asked for our money back on the basis that the collection would have been completed in full and that the company had not fulfilled its obligations to its customers. I would then simply buy the box sets.
    I wonder where we would stand if we said we wanted to return the 65 episodes and magazines and asked for our money back on the basis that the collection would have been completed in full and that the company had not fulfilled its obligations to its customers. I would then simply buy the box sets.
    We could try ! Although I seriously doubt they would even bother replying, they have never seemed very customer friendly.
  • Received a response from Peter Hawkins a few days ago.  He stated ".......we are planning to release the final five issues of The Poirot Collection during the coming weeks.  As a subscriber you will be notified automatically of the exact timing in due course".

Three months later and I've received a letter from the publishers stating that Elephants Can Remember and The Big Four are now available. The final three will be available 'soon' - probably another three months from now !

Although I've already bought the final box set I guess I'm crazy enough to let them send them to me just so I can complete the entire set. I hope someone, somewhere appreciates our loyalty

;)
  • GazeryGazery Bradford, United Kingdom

McGinty, do you have an email address of the company, as I have the previous 65 episodes but have heard nothing yet of the next 5 episodes. I would like to email them to remind them that I am a customer of theirs!

Cheers for help Gazery

Gazery, you can contact them at - [email protected] or maybe best to call them on 0845 148 9265, at least by speaking to someone you'll know it's been don, not sure they answer emails

Hope you're successful, Wayne

Cheers, I will give them a ring tomorrow. Have you received any of your final 5 dvds?
    No, not yet. But they're not known for their speed !
  • Just spoken to Lee at jacklinservice.  She informed me issues 66 & 67 have been sent to me 2 days ago and that I should receive them this week.  I live in hope.
    Best of luck Wayne. Let us know if you receive them.
    Mine arrived earlier in the week, with the promise that the final 3 will be along in 4 weeks time
  • Hooray.  Received issues 66 & 67 yesterday.  My letter from Jacklin quoted I would receive the FINAL 3 issues "...in approximately 2 weeks....".  Excellent news.

Fantastic news for both of you. I arrived back from holiday today hoping to have a nice surprise in the post for me - unfortunately there was nothing! I will try phoning them again on Monday.

Check that your card details are the same -  has your card recently expired. Mine had and I had to let them know the new expiry date before they could send them.

• You could try phoning them.  It may be your subscription number/account has been de-activated.
    Rang them up again today, they claimed they should be with me this month. Here's hoping.

Well August has been and gone and still no sign of the dvd's. Oh well, looks like I'll be ringing them again tomorrow! :(