WHICH AGATHA CHRISTIE BOOK HAVE YOU READ THE MOST NUMBER OF TIMES?

2»

Comments

• Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    I have read ABC Murders and Cards On The Table 7 times each, I love those 2 Books. I have read 4.50 From Paddington more than any other Miss Marple Book (3) and N or M and Why Didn't they Ask Evans the same amount of times.
  • Murder in Mesopotamia - I read it more than 10 times! also Orient express, Evil under the sun, Nemesis. 
  • It would be really good if you could be commissioned to write some articles for this website, Tali, about social trends as exemplified, not only in AC works, but also in  other contemporary, or around the same time novels by other authors. Your extensive reading and knowledge has really deepened my understanding of some of the themes of these 20th century novels - a very diverse era, of course, which witnessed quite enormous social change.
  • AnnikaAnnika United States of America
    Murder at the Vicarage is my go to reread in the summer. I love Griselda Clement, the vicar's wife. I also think it is the most quintessential St. Mary Mead book. My two other favorites are Toward's Zero because of the clever plotting and The Hollow because of the Lucy Angkatell dialogue.

I am going to be starting Murder At The Vicarage this weekend, I love Griselda too (Although I prefer Bunch from A Murder Is Announced), The only problem I have with it is that it doesn't feel like a Miss Marple book and I feel The Vicar should be the Sleuth, I also love Towards Zero, I Think Battle is Great, Not mad Keen on The Hollow though.

• AnnikaAnnika United States of America
    Yes Miss Marple doesn't seem to come into it until the 11th hour. I have always like Battle and wished they would have included him in some of the tv adaptations.
    Someone somewhere on this site said Murder At The Vicarage was quintisentially A Miss marple Story, and they are right, with The Village setting and The Doctor, Vicar, The Harridon and The Village Policeman, it is a lovely introduction to the Miss Marple Cannon, bringing Miss Marple to solve it at a late stage works better than with The Moving Finger as Miss Marple is mentioned in Chapter one and spears at the most English of Past Times The Tea Party., I have started The Book now.
    I forgot to say I agree, \I wish Battle was in more Adaptations, I was really sad he wasn't in Cards On The Table, I was looking forward to seeing who they would cast, A Great Opportunity missed.
  • antoinebelloantoinebello United States
    Lord Edgware Dies. The truth is in plain sight and yet nobody sees it.
  • Crooked House or The Man In The Brown Suit. And that must be about 100 times!!!
  • I always put the date in pencil on the last page when I finish a book. Just finished Styles again - my 8th time.
    Good Idea! Wish I had thought of it before now!
  • Aside from Hercule Poirot's Christmas which I mentioned in an earlier post, another A.C. book that I read a lot was Death On The Nile. I read that book so many times the binding of the book has been broken in. At some point I'm probably going to have buy another copy of the book! But right now I'm going to keep on reading it until the pages fall out!
  • Linnet RidgewayLinnet Ridgeway Davao City, Philippines
    edited September 2016
    The Dumb Witness, Death on The Nile and The Murder on the Orient express.  In general my favorite  among the three is Murder on the Nile as my username  is suggesting, one of the major characters in the book, Miss  Linnet  Ridgeway.