Your favourite murderer?

2»

Comments

• Come on, don't argue anymore, nobody is perfect. It would have been nicer , when someone disagrees with another person he sends that person a message and not argue here . I like a good discussion and everyone has his or her own opinion about a subject, but please don't argue ....We are all fans of Agatha Christie!!!  Smile!!!!!!!!   :-) 
  • Hey guys I agree with Silvana. Let's all go back to focussing on our respect for AC. I felt a little put out when @ianthepoet said i had gone off topic in another discussion when all i had done was elaborate on one aspect of one of the previous posts.
    We are all on this site because we have a great admiration for AC.
    Ok as for worst murderer: SPOILERS - I am going for the husband in Endless Night - what a creep! - he duped that heiress into believing that he loved her; built his dream house with her money and then murdered her and went off with her childhood nanny (if i remember correctly). NB i have interpreted favourite murderer as worst!
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    Thank you youngmrquin, I agree the argument should end, I was only making the point that to participate in this thread giving the game away was inevitable and to some extent compulsory and Just perhaps the space on the site could be used in a more productive way, on other threads where people Must remember to use spoilers it is easy to avoid giving important details, I apologise If I have offended you youngmrquin
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom

And I am sorry If I have offended others too.

• StathisZavitsanosStathisZavitsanos Attiki, Greece
    I think that the murderer I like most was the murderer from Enldless Night. SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!! I think that it is difficult to for a man to narrate a murder he did and do not let us know what he did!
  • ianthepoetianthepoet Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
    I apoligise, I'll be ever so humble @Lucy G Lemon. Although I do hate SPOILERS!! They can ruin your reading.
  • edited April 2014
    Wow, favorite murderer... that's tough. Christie gives such an array - the charming doctor, the ladylike companion, the handsome nurse... murders are done for love, for money, for hate, or for justice.
    But who's my favorite? I think my favorite murderers are the ones for whom I feel, despite it all, a bit of pity. That's what I felt after reading Crooked House and The Murder of Roger Ackroyd. Often, after it's all revealed, the ugly face of the murderer lies bare and one is filled with admiration toward the detective and Christie. But when one feels some pity as well - Christie's outdone herself...