New agathachristie.com

2»

Comments

• SeakaySeakay Cardiff, United Kingdom
    I love the look of the new site and feel it is very Agatha Christie - just the 'modern' town Poirot and Tommy and Tuppence etc rather than the old fashioned cosy cottage Miss Marple. Clean lines no clutter and clear script is the essence of 1930s style!
  • edited October 2013

This is undoubtedly one of the most uninspired and uninspiring websites I have ever seen.  The home page is thoroughly uninviting and suggests very little of Agatha Christie to me.  I dislike the drab and rather depressing colours, the dreary header (a house and half a poison bottle standing bolt upright, how much effort went into throwing that together?) and the insulting way that Agatha Christie's photograph is tacked on as a sort of afterthought at the very bottom of the page.   

If I were grading the home page, I'd give it zero for colour, zero for header design, zero for general layout, zero for advertising its primary function and zero for overall impact and attractiveness.  And no, it will not grow on me.  Ever.  I'm here because it's supposed to be the official Agatha Christie website, not because you changed the site design.

Edit:  After being a member for five years I too resent being called a Novice. 

• Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    I have forgotten how I can download pictures, is there a way I can put my Facebook picture on the Agatha Christie site and if so how? Thanks 
  • TommyTommy Vale of Glamorgan, The, United Kingdom
    edited October 2013
    I have forgotten how I can download pictures, is there a way I can put my Facebook picture on the Agatha Christie site and if so how? Thanks 
    Sure - go to the top right of the screen and you will see a little cog, click on it, select preferences then look to the left of the screen it takes you too and you will see the option to 'change my picture'.
  • adminadmin Cuanza Norte, Angola
    SeaSnap said:
    Please look though some articles to check for mistakes, like 'A Caribbean Mystery'-ane Marple rather than Jane Marple.
    Thanks SeaSnap (love your username) - we've corrected that appalling howler! If you spot anymore please let us know.
  • Just wondering, will a spoiler warning option be available on the forum soon? 
  • adminadmin Cuanza Norte, Angola
    MissQuin said:
    Just wondering, will a spoiler warning option be available on the forum soon? 
    Yes, thanks for the reminder, we will announce it when it's ready. 
  • Any news for the spoiler warning option?
  • TommyTommy Vale of Glamorgan, The, United Kingdom
    Sorry about the delay with the spoiler button, it will be introduced alongside a few other improvements so it is a case of getting more than one thing ready before it can go live - it is coming though, we promise. 
  • FrankFrank Queensland, Australia
    The new site is fantastic but their does not appear to be a "what's on" section. I remember the old site had an area where current productions of Agatha Christie plays and events connected to Agatha Christie were listed. Could this be reintroduced.
  • Frank said:
    The new site is fantastic but their does not appear to be a "what's on" section. I remember the old site had an area where current productions of Agatha Christie plays and events connected to Agatha Christie were listed. Could this be reintroduced.
    I didn't know about that, having come to this site only recently. It would be great, especially if it included what was going on in Australia :)
  • StathisZavitsanosStathisZavitsanos Attiki, Greece
    A suggestion; Add a button, so we can delete our post.
    StathisZavitsanos. A delete button would be a great addition to the website.
  • StathisZavitsanosStathisZavitsanos Attiki, Greece
    How can we change our name?

Hi ;StathisZavitsanos
    After you read this log out.
    1. Log in
    2. Go to Your Profile
    3. Click on Update
    4. Under Personal Details click Update
    5. Go to Screen Name and change it to your new user name
    6. Click Save