A calendar year of Christies

2»

Comments

• Do we have a selected Book of The Month for January yet?
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    The Sittaford Mystery perhaps or 4.50 From Paddington
  • Yes they are the two "January" books - see my post in December with a rough collation of what we had sorted at that time.  I will have to do an update with all the new posts.

Did anybody start reading by the calendar in December ?  I did!

I began Hercule Poirot's Christmas on 23rd Dec (even though it opens on 22nd) and finished it a couple of days after Christmas.  This is my third reading of it.  I had completely forgotten the plot and the murderer even after reading twice (last reading was 1998 from memory as I was pregnant with my first child).  It is an exceptionally good read. I had forgotten how good this one is!

In January I am back at work and as I am a slow reader, I will only make it through one of the January books. It will have to be Sittaford Mystery as I have read 450 From Paddington so many times (my first and my favourite).  I listened to Sittaford on audio many years ago but can't remember plot (only that there is a lot of snow) so am looking forward to it!
  • I hope you enjoy both of them. I didn't remember Sittaford Mystery either.But I remember enjoying it. I hope you write a about them. Happy New Year.
    I didn't read Hercule Poirot's Christmas but I did watch it as I bought it in  December but I did read The Christmas Pudding Story as I am making it a Tradition
  • Thank you Leopoldo
    Good Tommy - i have AOTCPud - i might squeeze it in before Sittaford!
  • I have just read Hercule Poriot's Christmas book in 2014 and it is wonderful.
  • Yes I wholeheartedly agree Maleka - so glad you enjoyed it too!
    Is Bertram's Hotel Set In December? I think Miss Marple does Christmas hopping while in London