Postern Of Fate

2»

Comments

• Why do you all dislike Postern of Fate so much? I wouldn't say that it is one of her best but it is not so bad! Hardly ever would I add it to the list of my least favorites. I liked the whole idea. Being a spy and investigating a matter of political essence of the past really attracted me. Hardly did it take me a week to read it.
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    Like all Tommy and Tuppence Novels The way The Beresfprds come across their Adventures is wonderful but sadly although It is good for a while The Quality isn't kept up and It definitely has a Week ending just like By The Pricking of My Thumbs, which when I read it the first time I liked it a bit less than Postern of Fate so when I read it next time I might like it more, It is the next Beresford Book to re-read.
    I finished Postern of Fate yesterday It was the 2nd time of Reading it, I loved it more but I loved it the 1st time, someone said (I hope I am not remembering it wrongly) said there was no conclusion, I thought there was, maybe the Kiler's name was not revealed but The Killer as I understood it worked  for Others who were named, I did found the book hard at times but not as much as I thought I would, Sometimes I felt I had skiped a page, like when SPOILER! Tuppence was attacked, All in all, I enjoyed it and think it is better than some Non-series Books and  some Poirot's
  • TuppenceBeresfordTuppenceBeresford Hertford, United Kingdom

I think I was the one who said there was no conclusion. Maybe I need to read it again. I did love the interaction between Tommy and Tuppence. I'm really glad there are other people who have enjoyed it. I have read books about Agatha Christie's novels and the comments about Postern of Fate were always on the negative side. I hope all the books are loved by someone!

Rest assured Most of the Books are and Few are Really disliked.
  • By the way, for people who like the idea of finding a clue in a pile of books, you might try "Mystery mile" by Margery Allingham. 
    Thankyou, I will look it up
  • mstrsims2mstrsims2 Massachusetts, United States
    I actually just posted a comment on this book under POSTERN OF FATE:screenplay.

• I am sure that 'Postern of Fate' would not have been published if it hadn't been written  by Agatha Christie. It is an appalling book. It has nothing to recommend it - such a shame when there are so many splendid ACs available. Tommy and Tuppence are nauseating anyway, although I didn't think the construct and syntax of the first two books was as bad as it is in 'Postern of Fate.'  There is only one book which compares with this one ('Elephants Can Remember') and it has the same meandering and repetitive text, which deters even a hardened Christie reader like myself.
    I think that is very unfair, I think the Beresfords are Great,I love the way they come across their Adventures, I admit Postern of Fate is not one of Agatha Christie's best but it is better than Passenger To Frankfurt, Death Comes As The End, Endless Night, Destination Unknown, They Came To Baghdad, Peril At End House, and Murder In Mesopotamia and The Big Four and Three-Act Tragedy and They Do It With Mirrors
  • PoirotBabosaGalaxyPoirotBabosaGalaxy Fort Lauderdale
    Hart to Hart.
  • MohanMohan Chennai
    @Jo14, while I definitely am with you on your comments on Postern of Fate, I strongly reiterate what @Tommy_A_Jones says - the Beresfords *are* a splendid couple!  I thoroughly enjoyed Partners in Crime, The Secret Adversary and of course N or M.  Postern of Fate, well, was one of those things - for those who've read Enid Blyton - the same happened to her as well - the last of the Famous Fives and the Five Findouters were terrible and way off from the quality of the rest of the series!

I went from Enid Blyton to Agatha Christie although I never read any famous Five Books, I read a few Secret Seven books and Five Findouters, I kind of wish I still had the, I had an Audio Cassette of a Famous Five Book and I liked the TV series.
  • Have they made a dvd of Postern of fate?
  • I went from Enid Blyton to Agatha Christie although I never read any famous Five Books, I read a few Secret Seven books and Five Findouters, I kind of wish I still had the, I had an Audio Cassette of a Famous Five Book and I liked the TV series.
    The famous five books are available online here:

http://bookos-z1.org/s/?q=enid+blyton+five&yearFrom=&yearTo=&language=&extension=&t=0

But I'm not sure about the legality of this site.