Taking Disgraceful Liberties with Christie's Loyalty to and Faith in British Justice

2»

Comments

• AnubisAnubis Ontario, Canada
    Talia, you are quite right. Miss Marple is no hypocrite, and she does take risks herself. Nonetheless, her comment still causes me to chuckle, in the context.
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    What a wonderful Post Anubis, I totally agree with You. Actually Miss Marple takes a lot of Risks with people's Lives, apart from the incident you mention in another Book she doesn't warn tell a Couple what she suspects and so puts the Girl in Danger, and in a 3rd Books she puts a Cook in Danger, so she is quite reckless with people's lives, when she is wreckless with her own life like in 4.50 From Paddington other people are in the room to save her should she need saving..
  • Tommy_A_Jones, when does she put a Cook in danger? I agree with most of your other points, but as to the "other people in the room" - true for 4.50, probably true for Nemesis (she guesses they will be close by) but not for the end of Sleeping Murder. But I really can't place the cook and I'm dying of curiosity!
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    ***SPOILERS***

taliavishay-arbel, I think that Tommy_A_Jones is referring to Miss Marple putting the cook's life in danger in A Murder is Announced, though it's in a situation that is supervised well enough so that the cook isn't in any serious danger– a policeman can step in at any moment and save the day.
  • GKCfan, Right! I blacked out on this one - thanks! 
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    You're welcome!
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    Thankyou GKC, Yes, That is what I mean, when you say the situation is supervised, It is supervised by an Elderly lady who could trip when coming out of the Cupboard.