The Murder of Roger Ackroyd book cover redesign

So I am a design student and have been tasked with creating a new book cover for a favorite book. So I'm redesigning the cover for "The Murder of Roger Ackroyd". I love Agatha Christie's books and had a hard time picking which one to do, so I decided use this one because of the historical significance and memorable plot. But I wanted to gather some info about people's feelings about the book so that I can create a cover that best conveys what this book means. Rather than just making something I thought looked good, I want to understand what makes this book important to other people, so my new cover can relate to a lot of people and stay true to the content. So if any of you have read this book I would love to get your feelings about a couple of things. 

How old were you when you first read it? 

If you've read it multiple times, why did you do that? 

What do you see when you picture this book?

Why is this book memorable to you?

What are your 3 favorite parts of this book?

For you, what are the most important motifs or themes in this book?

When you picture this book, what are the dominant colors you see?

Thanks for helping me with this project. I'm excited to learn about what you all have to say about "The Murder of Roger Ackroyd".

Comments

• Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom

I first read it in my Teens at First.

I read it multiple times because I hated the ending 1st time round and was persuaded to give it a 2nd go which I did and as I knew what to expect I could read it and not be disappointed and U could see the Clues, Like a lot of Agatha Christie Books I see something different every time.

A Man In a large Study Dead and The window is open, (It might be a Patio Door, I can't quite remember).

The Book is memorable to me because I felt cheated 1st time round and love it now.

1. Caroline telling Shephard's visit while he was out.

2. Poirot and Shepherd first meeting.

3. The Mah Jong Game.

The three motif's or themes for the Book are:

1. Need for Money

2. Assuming what you are told is true

3. Under estimating people - Shepherd under-estimating his sister.

The Colours I see are Magnolia, Red and Gold.

• GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    Also, think about including a Tunisian dagger.
  • AnubisAnubis Ontario, Canada
    I first read it when I was nine or ten, and enjoyed the realization that practically every phrase had a double meaning. It was the word equivalent of a Necker Cube, or some other optical illusion in which perspective has an impact on what image you see. One of the themes is that Everybody, including you, is suspect.