DAY #2– THE SECOND LITTLE SOLDIER BOY!

GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
Hello!  I hope that all of you are having fun!

The Mystery Man sent me yet another email!  Here are the clues:

1) EVITCETEDSSREYASLYHTOROD 

2) A Capitalization Offense

3) “Be not afraid of greatness. Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and others have greatness thrust upon them.”

Interesting!  I know just where to look– I hope that you have a good time unravelling the clues!  Find out what they mean, and then seek out that tale somewhere on the discussion boards!  Remember that more than one thread may discuss the story in question, but only one will hold the soldier boy and the clue.

Once again, please don't add any posts to the threads where the statuettes are hidden, but please add posts to any other threads you want.  

Once more, NO SPOILERS, PLEASE!  Have fun!

Comments

• GraybearGraybear West Sussex, U.K.
    That was tough! 
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    Well, it's meant to be challenging, but not too frustrating!
  • tudestudes Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    It's a hard one.
    Finally! It's not so obvious! I've figured it out, but it was not easy to find the picture.
  • GraybearGraybear West Sussex, U.K.
    It was definitely a challenge today. I was more frustrated with myself!
    @Graybear, don't be frustated! Today, it's really difficult! Pay attention to the third clue.
  • Tudes. I think I've guessed the novel. Can you give me an oblique clue pleas as to where to look in the threads.? Please direct me to a different thread if we are not supposed to be discussing, sharing or clueing here.
  • misstulipmisstulip Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
    If you've guessed the novel you've done the hard part! Search for the novel in the discussion boards. Hey are broken down by detective - that should really help!
  • i am hoping the novel i guessed is correct, because searching for it hasn't resulted in the soldier! 
    edited March 2016
    @Griselda, tha page is related to the third clue.
    By the way, have you found the first one?
  • @tudes the 3rd clue linked me to a 1940 novel title. The 2nd clue sort of emphasized it. Am I on the right track? 
    Yes, you're right!@rekha.srivalli!
  • @tudes thank you.. I'll search again for it. 
    edited March 2016
    It's not easy to find. The third clue is the key! Keep it in mind and search  for the post!
  • @tudes  yes i found it! had to use a different search pattern, but found it. thank you.
    edited March 2016
    You're welcome, @rekha.srivalli ! I'm glad you did it! I's different from the last one.
  • Yes @tudes it's different. I think it'll only get tougher as it goes ahead 
  • misstulipmisstulip Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
    I think it will get tougher. That last one took me a bit!!! Good luck everyone!
    Yes, probably it will get tougher.
  • AgathasmykidAgathasmykid British Columbia, Canada
    Finally found this one, it was tough! I hope at the end of the game there is an opportunity to discuss the clues, as I don't yet get the connection between the first two clues for finding the second soldier boy and the book where the soldier boy is hidden. All that being said, searching for this one was challenging, and lead me to experience a wide range of emotions.
  • Thank you, Tudes. I found the Day 1 clue. I think I guessed the book for today's clue. I think there is a link with the book's title - yes - third clue? Maybe I'm wrong. 
  • I'm thinking that the first clue for the second soldier boy might point me to where to look in the threads - perhaps.
    @Griselda, Yes, there's a link with the book's title.
  • kaberi.chakrabartykaberi.chakrabarty Illinois, United States
    Just wanted to make a couple of small points.
    Really enjoying this game and the trouble the moderators have taken to put it together. The second day's clues were more challenging than the first. Fortunately clinking on a few links helped me find the second soldier boy. In hindsight, I understand the connection between the story and the second and third clues, but still fail to see the connection with the first clue. Oh well.

Also I'm enjoying the connections to And Then There Were None. Without giving away any spoilers, something about Day 2 led me to this website, where I spent half an hour, and I could easily have spent another couple of hours more. Fascinating.

http://at-scene-of-crime.blogspot.com/2012/03/ten-little-indians-william-henry-blore.html

• GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    kaberi.chakrabarty , a friend of mine runs that blog, and I post there sometimes!  At the end of the game, a walkthrough will be posted that will explain all the clues.
  • guys i need a clue there are two in my mind but i couldn't find the solider  although i found the 3rd one !! help

•  thanks everyone no need for the clue  i found it  just needed to think

• alanalialanali San Fernando, Trinidad and Tobago
    Found it! :D Definitely the hardest clue for me so far.
  • DW_28DW_28 Plymouth
    I think I know it but can't find the thread :(

• AgathasmykidAgathasmykid British Columbia, Canada
    DW_28 said:
    I think I know it but can't find the thread :(

Hi DW, some of these are tough. Try going back through this thread for other hints people have left, it may help. Good luck!