DAY #5– THE FIFTH LITTLE SOLDIER BOY!

GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
Hi!  Hope everybody's doing well!

A new email from the Mystery Man has delivered these three clues:

1) You used to dance, didn’t you?

2) “wonderful things on a rubbish heap”

3) This isn’t the end… we’ll meet again... over an unpleasant cup of tea.

Do you know where to look?  Please discuss the game on the forum, but no spoilers or additions to the clue thread... you know the drill now.

Please note that there will be no new clues over the weekend.  If you're behind in the game or just starting, you'll have the weekend to catch up with the clues!  The second half of the game will begin on Monday.  Remember, U.S. players, the first part of the new And Then There Were None miniseries will air Sunday night on Lifetime.  The second half of the miniseries will air Monday night.

Comments

• Hmm ok. This is either tough or I haven't read the book. 
  • Right! got it! I did read the book. The clues just merged & struck now. :) I'm enjoying this!
  • GraybearGraybear West Sussex, U.K.
    Ooh! Had to be a bit creative with finding this one!
  • edited March 2016
    Found. Very well played, this one !! Actually I haven't read the book, but it is nice to go searching for the clues ....Thanks ! :)
  • @GKCfan what's a good game without a challenge! Oh yes searching online helps definitely. 
  • now this one was easy >>> i am enjoying ^_^
  • misstulipmisstulip Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
    I was afraid I wasn't go to get this one for a minute there! Great clues...great fun!
  • AgathasmykidAgathasmykid British Columbia, Canada
    Found it! Easiest one for me thus far. Of the notes about "And Then There Were None" that accompany each soldier boy, this was probably my favorite. I learned some neat things I didn't know, and look forward to discussing them when the game is over. If you have difficulty finding this one, you may want to take a break from AC and perhaps consider reading a comic book. Suicide squad comes to mind ;).
  • Okay... the first one reminds me of an AC novel. But I can't stop thinking of the movie "Labyrinth" when reading the second clue and of a Roald Dahl short story over the third. Kind of confusing and therefore the hardest puzzle for me so far. We'll see. Great ideas so far, anyway. Thank you! :)
  • Dr.SheppardDr.Sheppard Oxford, UK
    daidalos, I'm wondering if you comments are a request for a clue? It is not the movie Labyrinth or a Roald Dahl story. Regardless of people saying these clues are easy or hard for Soldier 5, the book is not a main one so it was perhaps difficult to think of the clues that suggest a book title. All three clues point to a 'different story!', but they can be found in one place! The solution to all of the Soldiers is a book title; this time you are looking for a secretive character that keeps disappearing! I solved this by an internet search based on the individual clues provided. Let us know when you have solved the clue to Soldier 5.
  • the second clue is the key with some searching^_^
  • tudestudes Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    the second clue is the key with some searching^_^
    Agree.
  • Dr. Sheppard, my post was mainly an attempt to share what made it difficult to figure out the fifth puzzle for me personally. The game and its rules are fairly clear, so no problem on that side either. But thanks anyway. :)
    Searching did the trick for me. But I still don't understand why the fifth soldier boy was where it was. Oh dear, guess I'll have to re-read the book later. ;)
    (Your clue is a very straightforward one that would have worked better than the three original ones for me, by the way. :) )
  • alanalialanali San Fernando, Trinidad and Tobago
    Found it! :D
  • MariaMaria Pichincha, Ecuador
    edited March 2016
    Got it!
  • DW_28DW_28 Plymouth
    Found the 2nd clue but nothing in threads, am I on the right track for non-series?
  • @DW_28 it doesn't belong to the non-series. Maybe you could try concentrating on the 1st clue for the character identification and then finding the page will be easier 
  • AgathasmykidAgathasmykid British Columbia, Canada
    If you stop clowning around DW, you may get closer to finding this soldier boy.
  • DW_28DW_28 Plymouth
    Found it ! Thank you Agathasmykid, I should have gone with what I thought in the first place !