What did you think of the game?

GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
Any comments about the And Then There Were None Mystery Man Game?  What did you like?  What could have been improved?  Any suggestions for future Mystery Man games?  Feel free to bring up any thoughts you might have here.

Comments

• This game has been utterly fantastic. The clues have been nicely challenging, but, clearly, achievable. Many people have expressed that they have experienced so much fun and enjoyment doing it. For me, I am pretty sure that I have decoded the clues to realise the correct novel on maybe 6 or 7 out of 10 of the days. I think I could get more if I were to do the internet research, as you suggest. I got the picture on the first day, but struggled with the scrolling through bit, not finding things where I thought, because I was maybe looking in the wrong places. I get a bit of eye strain reading a lot, so am going to ask my sister to help with this bit at the weekend, and try to do all the clues at once. Thank you to those responsible for such a brilliant clue solving challenge.
  • The game was a real fun. I needed help the first day and conformation the 2nd but love it totally. It's challenging and easy at the same time. 
  • It has been GREAT ! I've met some of my fave works, as well as novels I still have to read...so, any game that can be used to go through AC works, life and characters is welcomed. The game has been brilliant, funny and unexpected. I hope we'll have other games coming. Thanks @GCKfan for sharing the e-mails of the Mistery Man with the group !  ;)
  • misstulipmisstulip Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
    Really really have enjoyed it. Thanks @GKCfan for putting it all together for us. It was perfectly challenging. 
  • DW_28DW_28 Plymouth
    Thoroughly enjoyed myself ! beginning to get into them on about day 5 I'm now struggling with the last two.
  • Thank you for putting the game together! It was worth the wait. The clues were really hard sometimes, but google-friendly for those who were lost. It reminded me that there's still some stories I am not too familiar with and I should be :D
  • AgathasmykidAgathasmykid British Columbia, Canada
    Yes, thank you @GKCfan for putting all of this together. The game was fun, yet challenging at times. I still haven't figured out the answer but will work on it over the weekend. 

My only suggestion is that this game returns to being a yearly tradition!

Thanks for playing everyone.
    Also, I loved all of the information about 'And then there were None' that accompanied each solider boy. I think a book about ATTWN needs to be written one day!
  • What about a three monthly tradition, Agathasmykid, if GKCfan could manage that frequency.?
  • That sounds very interesting @Griselda.. Small games would be nice once in every 3 months. 
    I would love a quarterly edition! However there probably is much work that goes into the game and we might have to ask GKCfan very nicely. 
  • Yes, they really would be, and would give great mental exercise to those fans who, like my sister, are very good at puzzles. Me, I tend to get frustrated if I can't get an answer, and am not very good at thinking myself out of an impasse, e.g., when doing a cryptic crossword. Isn't it great that Agatha Christie novels appeal to so many people for so many different reasons.
  • GraybearGraybear West Sussex, U.K.
    I've loved the last 2 weeks. It has really got my brain working and renewed my passion and knowledge. I agree - do we really have to wait a whole year for another one?!
    @Griselda  that would be great if the game could be run more often, I would certainly participate. Since the current game was run with the theme of 'And Then There Were None,' maybe future games could be run with other novels as themes.  It would give all of us a chance to delve deeper into Christie's works. However that is just one idea. Returning to the old format is another possibility.

• micgreermicgreer Spring, USA
    This game has brought me back to why I love Agatha Christie.  It has shown me how long it had been since I had picked up one of her books.  I agree more games like this would be nice.  I like the every three months idea.  Definitely reading the backstory information was indeed interesting.  Thank you so much for those who designed and created the game.  It was nice to have something to look forward to in the mornings and since I am new to the site allowed me to get accustomed to the site.
  • Figured the Mystery Man out - finally after 90 mins :D What a great finale to this great game! Thank you for making my grey cells work on a Friday evening :)
  • kazzerkazzer Wellington, New Zealand
    :) I have thoroughly enjoyed this game! It has reminded me of why I love Agatha Christie's books and has introduced me to the forums - looking forward to the next one - thank you to GKCfan for organising the clues.
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    I'm so glad that so many of you enjoyed the game!  Thank you for your kind words!
  • Would it be possible to have only the rules and most recent day's puzzle pinned to the top of the discussion list so that the other threads are not being pushed to the next page?
  • swilks1991swilks1991 Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
    edited March 2016
    Loved the game! Wish we could have them more often. It has been so long since the last one so I was very excited when this one started. Some clues I got straight away but others I needed a little help from Google even though I had read the stories. A good mix of clues and a great format for the game. Only problem for me is that I am rubbish at anagrams haha but I got there in the end.
    Now that there is no clue this morning and the mysterious thief has been identified (I hope correctly), I am missing the challenge! When I woke up and realized I didn't have a puzzle to solve, I was sad. That is a wonderful indicator of how fun and engaging this has been. Thank you again and I hope for more!!