The Eighth (and final) Murder - Reporter J.S

2»

Comments

• HuilangHuilang Durham, United Kingdom
    Yay! Finally found the link, though I just thought about the book without really any help from the vision and the clues... oh, well.

Now, let's crack this thing.
  • InspectorVenoqInspectorVenoq Tasmania, Australia
    Found the link, and know who the Mystery Man is!!! Now just to figure out why (I have some theories)...

As a hint towards the link, the murderer makes three mistakes in the novel

• GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    I found it!  I just need to think of what the killer's three mistakes were...
  • LL88LL88 Sofiya, Bulgaria
    cphh1007 said:
    О мой Бог!  That took me way too long, but finally found it!  It's a little link, so don't be discouraged if it mistakes you awhile... Happy Hunting!
    To all: this is a good hint what to search for when on the correct place. :)
    GKCfan said:
    I found it!  I just need to think of what the killer's three mistakes were...
    You mean the killer from the story in question, or the killer from the Mystery Man Game? I doubt the latter made three mistakes, they might be less or more. At least I counted two of them and I also have one possible explanation why he/she chose these people, which could also be counted as a mistake. But there could be other I do not see as of now.
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    I meant the killer from the story in question where one can find the last clue– not the Mystery Man!
  • femaccafemacca Singapore, Singapore
    Second day of fruitless search even with second vision  :(( I thought I spotted a typo in a description for something in the story but there was no link. Tried another story that I recalled the killer making three mistakes yet I couldn't find anything either. Is this clue hidden in a story that had appeared for earlier clues?
  • HuilangHuilang Durham, United Kingdom
    femacca said:
    Second day of fruitless search even with second vision  :(( I thought I spotted a typo in a description for something in the story but there was no link. Tried another story that I recalled the killer making three mistakes yet I couldn't find anything either. Is this clue hidden in a story that had appeared for earlier clues?
    Nope, it's a story we haven't seen yet... but I can help you out by saying that it's a really famous one - indeed, it's in the top 100 mystery novels of all time!

and the link is quite well hidden, so be sure to read the plot description carefully!
    One more hint, I also posted it in Facebook (and I believe I can help no more):
    It is considered to be one of the best stories in the criminal genre. I did not know the title by now, however, the translation in Bulgarian is a pretty common word. And the translation to one other language was as someones' "mistake". That someone usually does not make mistakes and that someone also considers this case to be very hard. :) That is what I understood for the story in question.
  • Can I be of any help?
  • loramloram Attiki, Greece

Read it a second time after some time

:|
    Can I be of any help?
    loram said:

Read it a second time after some time

:|
    Good hints, guys! :) I hope others understand them. I can't wait to ask my questions and see if someone can answer them, so that a satisfactory motive comes to me... Now I have three versions and several things I do not understand from the whole plot of the game. But without the Mystery Man known to everyone, I shall not rush with further questions.
  • Pat_septemberPat_september Gauteng, South Africa
    One more hint, I also posted it in Facebook (and I believe I can help no more):
    It is considered to be one of the best stories in the criminal genre. I did not know the title by now, however, the translation in Bulgarian is a pretty common word. And the translation to one other language was as someones' "mistake". That someone usually does not make mistakes and that someone also considers this case to be very hard. :) That is what I understood for the story in question.

=D> thank you!!
    =D>
  • swilks1991swilks1991 Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
    Oooaaah that is a tricky one to find. But now I know the murderer yaaay :-D and it was who I suspected. I have a motive, doubt it's Correct but ill give it a go anyway
  • MariaMaria Pichincha, Ecuador
    finally!!! I can't belive it! I was looking everywhere for the teeny tiny link... I think I went back to that story at least 5 times yesterday, couldn't find it, and got stuck with the next story I could think about, and then the next and so on...

as for a clue: sometimes, ignorance is bliss... knowing too much can be bad for your health...
    Maria said:
    finally!!! I can't belive it! I was looking everywhere for the teeny tiny link... I think I went back to that story at least 5 times yesterday, couldn't find it, and got stuck with the next story I could think about, and then the next and so on...

as for a clue: sometimes, ignorance is bliss... knowing too much can be bad for your health...
    Well done, Maria!
    To be honest, I spotted the link from the first time I entered the place. Before going there, I had the feeling that I am seeing words as links, but once there, this one was caught quickly by my eye. And then I was like "OMG, after I click it I will know" and made suspense for a few more seconds before opening it. :D
    I will definitely read the stories I have not, where the hidden links were. I was familiar with only two of them.
  • I'm still having trouble with this one. I don't know why. :-(
    edited October 2013
    I have only read one, but 3 I've seen in the TV series of Poirot and Marple... Most of the Christie stories I've read were not on this year's game... But I'll read more books for next year's game!  :D
  • edited October 2013

• AgathasmykidAgathasmykid British Columbia, Canada
    edited October 2013

Finally finally got it! lol Wow, I didn't go anywhere near that story yesterday.  What I did was focus on the word mistake and the only translated title I could find with the word mistake in it was 'Hickory Dickory Dock" translated into "Miss Lemon's Mistake."  For those still struggling to find the link, it is not in Hickory Dickory Dock.

Despite all of the hints given above, I still can't find a translated version of the title that indicates mistake or failure, however that is just me.  The hint that helped me the most was the one that said it was one of Christie's most popular books, and I will add that according to some critics, it was also her most controversial.

Wow, I spent so much time looking for this last link that my eyes became blurry, I feel like I need to consult a doctor!

• We'll I found it and was as predicted but why where what how! Tough now to work it out :-)
  • Thanks for the clues here because I NEVER would have come up with that one based on the visions.

Despite all of the hints given above, I still can't find a translated version of the title that indicates mistake or failure, however that is just me.  The hint that helped me the most was the one that said it was one of Christie's most popular books, and I will add that according to some critics, it was also her most controversial.

check the word with the link again to find the "tranlated version"... just if you want to get rid of any doubts...
  • AgathasmykidAgathasmykid British Columbia, Canada
    Maria said:

check the word with the link again to find the "tranlated version"... just if you want to get rid of any doubts...

Great thanks!
  • swilks1991swilks1991 Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
    Anybody else kind of sad that it's come to an end now? :-( to be honest I have a vague guess for a motive but it doesn't explain everything. Finding the hidden links from the visions was all the fun for me. Now I'm just bewildered lol :'(
    Yes! It's been a fun month!
  • Maria said:

thank u! finally got it! 
  • found the Mystery Man. now have to work out the motive. need to re-read the page from first again! All the best everyone :)
  • I agree it has been great fun and very enjoyable this month finding the clues. Chatting and making forum friends who have all been helpful and unselfish and really kind. I like to think Dame Agatha would have loved to see this another side to human nature. Although I cannot completely think of motive etc. I have my own theory/story will send it in anyway even if it's wrong :-)