By The Pricking of My Thumbs

Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom

I finished re-reading this book on Wednesday, I liked it a lot more than last time, In fact I would go so far as to say I loved it I think I even enjoyed it more than the last time I read The Secret Adversary, there were only 2 things I got lost on,

SPOILER ALERT!

After Seeing his Friend who told him he was investigating Eccles Tommy went to The Artists Widow, What made him go there and how did he know where to go and what made him go there.

SPOILER ALERT! When did Mrs Moody Die?.

I thought the bit from seeing The Artists wife onwards was a bit scrappy but I thought It was much better than I remembered it.

Comments

• GabrielaRaneyGabrielaRaney United States
    Hmm... need to re read the book. Will see what I come up with .
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    I hope you enjoy it as much as I did, I didn't rate it much the first time of reading it and this time I still found towards the end it was weak but still enjoyable.
  • AgathasmykidAgathasmykid British Columbia, Canada
    Hi, just started reading this.  My first time.  It is so great discovering a Christie one hasn't read yet.  I am about half way through.  To Agatha's credit, I think she is trying to give it that small village feel that was present in so many of her earlier books.  Also enjoying seeing Tommy and Tuppence back in action again.  The book seems very fast paced and I look forward to the end.
  • I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Especially Tuppence's quest to find the house in the painting, finding all the clues in the painting, etc. It will be on my list to read again this Winter!
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    I love that bit of the book Brilliant too PeterJKH, I love quest's like that, although I love all of 4.50 From Paddington I really enjoyed the bit where Miss Marple and Elspeth are trying to locate where The Murder takes place
  • CA_Christie_FanCA_Christie_Fan Rocklin, CA USA
    edited March 2017
    I still live in hope that someday this will be made into a TV movie that is faithful to the book...it would be a great thriller--
  • CrookedQuinCrookedQuin California, United States
    It would