Day Twelve

Happy Boxing Day!  We are down to the last day of the game.  Here is the twelfth and final picture:

Do you recognize it?  Here’s the clue: What is the first name of the clergyman in this story?

Stay tuned– this game will stay open for another week.  By now, you should have enough evidence to figure out who the defendant in the case was.  In a few days, I will tell you how to submit your answer.

If you live in the UK, make sure to watch the new television adaptation of “The Witness for the Prosecution” tonight!

Have fun!

Comments

• If anyone has found the answer, I would be grateful for a clue. Thanks in anticipation.
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    This is from a book cover...
  • I have all twelve names, now all that's left to do is to switch on the grey cells. :) See you soon. :)
    Good work, klaurose!
  • Thanks, Got it. Should have sent this on 28th December.

• @GKCFan Do we now take the first letter of each name and find the character? Struggling with this approach.
  • That is what I did Dr. Sheppard. You take the first letter of each name (paying attention to GKCFan's clues so you know whether to take the letter from the character's 1st or last name) and unscramble them until you get the name of one of Christie's villains.
    Exactly!
  • Thanks. to you both.
    Stay tuned– instructions on how to submit your answer will be up soon.
  • edited January 2017
    dear fellow investigators! please confirm that you don't have too many vowels either /which makes it quite difficult to find the answer/. :smiley:
  • I'm struggling with the answer. On the subject of vowels I have 3
    Not all names need lots of vowels...
  • I think I solved it. 3 vowels is enough.  If my solution is correct, the villain appears in the same novel as one of the jurors.
  • @P_Lombard Looking for help. I have the three vowels, however, my name leaves me with the letters RRS.  Can you suggest if the name we are looking for is male or female, or how long the surname or christian name might be? All direction would be appreciated.
  • If I am right, the villain is female. Her last name is 9 letters long. The other 3 letters I used to form her title.
  • @P_Lombard, I really appreciate your help. Now I need to do some searching.