The creation of Royal Mail's Agatha Christie stamps

TuppenceTuppence City of London, United Kingdom
edited September 2016 in About Christie
Royal Mail have marked the centenary of Agatha Christie writing her first detective novel and creating Hercule Poirot by issuing a set of Special Stamps based on six of Christie’s mystery novels. Each stamp depicts key scenes from the chosen stories, and in true Christie style, the stamps are full of hidden clues which can be revealed using a mix of heat, UV light and a magnifying glass.

Royal Mail Editorial Manager, Helen Cumberbatch, and designer of the Agatha Christie stamps, Jim Sutherland, joined the Agatha Christie celebrations in Torquay on the 15th September to talk about the process behind this set of Special Stamps. Find out more here:
http://bit.ly/2d2ot6o

Can anyone spot the clues in any of the stamps?

Comments

• I've got the stamps and the matching set of postcards! (Which are perfect for displaying!) I love the clues! :smiley:
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    I think that the stamps are really well done– I had fun searching them for hidden clues and artwork, but you really need a magnifying glass to read the tiny print!
  • ChristeryChristery Rhode Island, United States
    I've got the stamp set and they are a very cool tribute to the Queen of Crime! A lot of fun to look at ( with your handy magnifying glass, of course!).
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    I love the heat-sensitive aspects of the stamps– hold your thumb over several sensitive areas to reveal hidden clues!