Lesser known novels

Hi
Is anyone else a fan of the lesser known novels such as 'They came to Baghdad', 'Destination Unknown', 'Passenger to Frankfurt', 'Death comes as the end', etc? I would say that they are all equally as great as the more well-known novels; in fact, I have to say that 'They came to Baghdad' is my most favourite of all her novels, followed by 'By the pricking of my thumbs', 'The Man in the Brown Suit', 'Destination Unknown', 'Seven Dials Mystery', 'Sittaford Mystery' (certainly not that dreadful G McEwan farce that was produced), and then the more well-known 'And then there were none', 'Death on the Nile', 'Murder of Roger Ackroyd', 'Evil under the sun'....

Comments

• Of the lesser known novels you mentioned, I like "Destination unknown" and "Death comes as the end". Both have strong women who are good models for not giving in to circumstances or others' expectations.
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    I hated Passenger To Frankfurt and have only read it once and have no intention of ever reading it again, same with They Came To Baghdad I thought I liked Destination Unknown but on 2nd reading I realised I hated that one too, all three are Dull and although I think they might have Mr Pikeway they need a Stronger reoccurring Character, even Race who I can't stand would be better than no-one.
    Oh yes, I hated Death Comes At The End too but at least you have to admire Agatha's Bravery of setting a Book in Ancient Egypt before the 20th Century, I also hate Sparkling Cyanide but I might read it again after many years of not doing so, I love The Sittaford Mystery, How are you defining lesser known books I am sure some Poirot's, Miss Marple's and Beresford Books are lesser known and others.
  • Tommy_A_Jones said:
    I also hate Sparkling Cyanide but I might read it again after many years of not doing so,
    I think Sparkling Cyanide started out very well and the writing is superb as we get into the minds of the characters but the ending is rather weak, compared originally to Yellow Iris, which the novel was based upon. 
    I might give it another go and see if I change my mind about it.