Trying to find a novel

I have never been an Agatha Christie reader. Recently i've seen the movies starred by David Suchet, and I like them.

I'm trying to find a novel in which Poirot is talking with a couple in the garden of a big "castle", and they are talking about nonsense, and start saying names and their nicknames. Like Robert, Bob, Jack, etc.

I hope that someone can help me.

Thanks from Spain.

Comments

• GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    I think you're referring to the Suchet version of Peril at End House.
    Hastings and Miss Lemon are the couple in that scene.  A rather different version of that scene (only Hastings is there, Miss Lemon isn't in the book) is in the novel.
    I hope that you enjoy the books!  Thanks for joining us on the discussion boards!
  • SantiagoReinosaSantiagoReinosa Cantabria - España
    Thanks, I'll take a look.

Do you think that the language  that uses Agatha Christie is very complicated or, on the contrary, simple and plain. Because I know very well English but I'm not in the mood for using a dictionary. I'm too old for that.
    You're welcome!  I think that Agatha Christie's language is not very complicated, but there are lots of references to events in Britain, historical events and literary references that require a substantial knowledge of UK history and culture to understand.
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    A Few years ago there was a Documentary where they looked into why Agatha Christie was so popular, and one of the techniques she used was to use short sentences which people find acessable