The first murder - Henry Birtwistle

TommyTommy Vale of Glamorgan, The, United Kingdom
edited October 2013 in The Mystery Man Game 2013
One down, seven to go? 

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=600740656636543&set=a.592366310807311.1073741827.592357640808178&type=1&theater

Who do you think bumped off Henry Birtwistle? Who will be next? When will the Gazette reporters learn to spell? Discuss all your theories here. 

Comments

• edited October 2013

Problem is the spelling can denote a pun, a clue or just plain illiteracy.  I thought "grizzly" was a pun and possibly a clue, until I got to "whos".  Then I wanted to sack the reporter and the proof reader.

Am wondering where the photo of the body was taken, looks as if it could be a landing on a hotel staircase. Whoever did it also had access to a stretcher ...

I also wonder if the actual body will be found or whether this advert on e-bay is our only clue.

• TommyTommy Vale of Glamorgan, The, United Kingdom
    The Gazette's proof reader has been let go. It is safe to assume that these spelling mistakes are not clues. 
  • After seeing the latest report in the Gazette,  could it be that Henry Birtwistle was laundering money and this is the reason the murderer put his body on ebay. 
  • LL88LL88 Sofiya, Bulgaria
    edited October 2013
    According to one dictionary, "grizzly" might mean also gray, which I associate with gloomy and sad. That was my first thought, though...
    I also believe that the murders will be connected (not just a punishment from one person to those who committed separate crimes, as in one famous novel of Christie's). So, maybe the contribution of Henry to the local architecture was used to build something, which later led to the death of another person. And now, the murderer wants to take revenge for the death of that person, maybe a close one to him/her in the past. And Henry was one of those who led to that death.
  • MariaMaria Pichincha, Ecuador
    edited October 2013
    I was thinking maybe Henry was a greedy man, maybe he wronged sombody, maybe he "squeezed" somebody, and maybe that is why his corpse was being auctioned...
  • In this view i see a yellow heart.Roberta is the lover kind.Has she got some link with Henry?An architect is rich.She was not interested in the fortune read...
  • glalonzo0408glalonzo0408 Pennsylvania, United States
    where is the yellow heart?
    I question how the photographer was able to get the body...and photograph it on what appears to be a landing of some sort.
    I wouldn't be so quick to write off the spelling errors

• MariaMaria Pichincha, Ecuador
    edited October 2013
    In this view i see a yellow heart.Roberta is the lover kind.Has she got some link with Henry?An architect is rich.She was not interested in the fortune read...
    Well, not every Architect is rich... I'm an architect and I'm not rich. However, Henry was kind of important in his community, maybe he was rich but not necessarily because of his job but for a darker reason. Maybe he was a cruel boss who didn't pay fair salaries, maybe he was an extortionist... 
  • where is the yellow heart?
    In the yellow sponge...Under the hand...
  • I'm think many things including money laundering and "squeezing money"as in he's cheap. 
  • Henry was not very nice to the journalists and the paper so I think a sick psykotic journalist who could not spell killd him for that.
  • my guess: he was killed b/c he was blackmailing someone.  The amount is uncertain but possibly 500,000 pounds. 

Interesting aspect of the eBay clue:   29 watchers.  Hmmm....i wonder if that has any significance. 
  • AgathasmykidAgathasmykid British Columbia, Canada
    Hmmm, great reading everyone's theories so far!  Not sure if I have anything else to add however i will if I think of something.
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    It appears that the hand squeezing the money sponge is a right hand.  I don't know if that has any significance.  Could the color yellow be relevant?  Can anybody tell the denomination of the bills?  Are they British pounds?
  • InspectorVenoqInspectorVenoq Tasmania, Australia
    I assume no one has found the first secret link on the agatha christie website yet?
  • Well I certainly haven't. I wonder how this could be done...
  • LL88LL88 Sofiya, Bulgaria
    I assume no one has found the first secret link on the agatha christie website yet?

I think with the new visions it will be found. They said when the visions become clearer, they would lead to the secret link. :) And we await for two more about Henry (as far as I understood from the last post).
  • I have found the link.  :D

It was more good luck than cleverness on my part though so I won't give any clues just yet or it will spoil the fun of figuring out Mystic Margot's visions.

• GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    Congratulations, Delicious_Death!  I for one don't know what to make of the second, just released clue of the wedding dress.  I have some ideas, but they may not mean anything...
  • femaccafemacca Singapore, Singapore

I have found the link.  :D

It was more good luck than cleverness on my part though so I won't give any clues just yet or it will spoil the fun of figuring out Mystic Margot's visions.

Wow! I'm sure luck would not been able to come in play if you are not clever in the first place. Well done!  :-bd 
    Meanwhile, I am still not getting anywhere closer to solving it...

• edited October 2013

Thanks GKCfan and femacca.  As I said, I only found the link by chance.  So although I could give a clue as to its whereabouts, I still can't figure out how the visions lead there, if you see what I mean.  That's why I don't want to say anything further.  You'll probably make the connection before I do!  :)

• Well,it looks like i was right about the part of the love.Wedding.Is Roberta blond?Women in sight is blond,the sponge is yellow...and she is being prepared in a room,several lounge chairs...apparently bright new...
  • edited October 2013

Oh my goodness!  I have just figured out what the wedding dress means!  Upon my word, it's a .... 

Go back and read my first post on this thread!  Both the visions make sense to me now.  

• I think the sponge means he was sponging off someone  because he was low on funds.   Then the wedding dress, could he have married a wealthy woman and was sponging off her?    I can't tell what is coming out of the sponge in the first picture.
  • Since I'm totally new to this game I'm struggeling a bit right now. How am I supposed to find the link, just by clicking myself through the originila website? Or by changing the website's url? Or might it be I'd have to use the search function?

Could anybody who played this before, give me a hint?
  • InspectorVenoqInspectorVenoq Tasmania, Australia

Ms.Moon said:
    Since I'm totally new to this game I'm struggeling a bit right now. How am I supposed to find the link, just by clicking myself through the originila website? Or by changing the website's url? Or might it be I'd have to use the search function?

Could anybody who played this before, give me a hint?
    You're meant to find something secret to click on in the website; for each murder I believe there will be 3 visions given and we have to use them as a clue to find the secret link to click on. 
  • I'm also thinking about the Gazette's reporter: N.K. :  might be Not Known, or uNKnown, just as in "And then there were none"...
    How do you find a link?  Is it hidden somewhere?  A bit confused by this...