Chapter Seven: Objects

TuppenceTuppence City of London, United Kingdom
We're now on Chapter Seven out of ten in our collaborative murder mystery. Tension is building, suspects are disappearing and it won't be long before we reach our conclusion.

This chapter is all about objects - an item must be found. Could it be the missing hymnal or a murder weapon?
Leave your thoughts, questions and queries here.

Comments

• Pat_septemberPat_september Gauteng, South Africa
    edited April 2014
    Chapter Seven proves quite exiting to write; I thought Chapter Six - Someone Is Missing will be fun, but An Object Is Found proves to be just as enticing! It must be the finish line that I can almost get a glimpse of; or the thought of it, not that far ahead anymore.
    Tension is building, for sure!
    Good luck, everyone!
    ;) ~O)
    With only 23 days allowed for the completion of Chapter 7, no wonder time feels tight
    ;;)
    Happy Easter everyone! image
    Miss Blacklock and Miss Bunner (old school-friends, so they should be of approximately same age ) - how old are they exactly? Am I correct to presume they are in their early 60's? Thank you very much!
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    I don't think it's been made quite clear what their age is, so it is perfectly acceptable to assign them an age.  We know that Miss Blacklock's sister, now Mrs. Balan, had two children who were in their early twenties when they died, so Mrs. Balan is at least in her forties, possibly older.  Depending on how you want to go, Miss Blacklock and Miss Bunner can probably be from their forties to their sixties.
     thought so, thank you very much
    ;;)
    You're welcome!
  • I have just finished a draft of Chapter seven and I am 126 words over the 3000 limit.  Will this disqualify my entry?  I see that the rules say that nothing over 4000 words will be accepted, but at the same time the word limit is given as 3000 words.  Thanks!
    I think that entries over 3000 words may be accepted at the discretion of the judges– I think it's better to see if you can edit out 126 words, if possible.  Good luck!
  • Thank you - I will have another go, but it is very difficult!
  • TuppenceTuppence City of London, United Kingdom
    Hastings said:
    I have just finished a draft of Chapter seven and I am 126 words over the 3000 limit.  Will this disqualify my entry?  I see that the rules say that nothing over 4000 words will be accepted, but at the same time the word limit is given as 3000 words.  Thanks!
    Don't worry 3126 words is fine. 4000 is the maximum limit, and we recommend between 1500-3000 as being a good length.
    Looking forward to reading your entry.
    Well done to Anna Killick for winning Chapter Seven!

Just one Question: it is Nancy Traver who is carrying Edmund Swettenham's child and not Julia, correct?

~O)
    Congratulations, Anna!
  • Thanks so much!!!  Did you win Chapter 6, Pat?

Yes, it's Nancy :)

Thanks so much!!!  Did you win Chapter 6, Pat?

Yes, I did.
    ;;)
  • That's wonderful, Pat!  Congratulations!  Hopefully, I'll get to meet you at the dinner.  I live in New Zealand so it's very expensive to get myself there. How about you coming from SA?
    edited May 2014
    Thank you so much, Anna!
    Yes, planning an overseas trip of this kind will definitely take a lot of planning - I wouldn't even dream of making this voyage without my husband :\">
    It would be exiting to get to meet you - and the other winners at The Dinner. Not mentioning The Judges!
    ;;)

• I am the same, Pat.  I need to have him with me anyway as occasionally I have seizures. Yes, meeting the judges would be amazing!!
    You are so brave, Anna! Well done for your diligence and hard work - it has brought you two winning chapters!
    =D>
  • @anna.sjardinkillick congrats! And you too, @Pat_september. I've just been reading them :)
    Thank you so much, Shifra!
    ;;)