A bit about you

Being a person with a deep interest in people, I have decided to create this discussion so that people could say a bit about themselves, just to give a bit of background to who they are as I like to know a bit about people. It does not have to be long and can be what interests you (other than Agatha Christie of course) it could even be just simply saying what your job is, it does not even have to be personal. Anything!!!

For example a bit about myself, I am a UKIP (UK Independence party) supporter. I think we should pull out of Europe as we give £42 million a day to them. (Not an exaggeration) I also like cycling. In fact one of my jobs is a bike mechanic. My other job is a minister of a church. As I am a Christian and I think that evolution is the biggest joke this century. To find out why copy this into your URL to watch this lecture by Dr. Hovind. ....     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8DDIe_2cHM

I also like debates. I was on the radio once debating someone

Well that is enough about me. What about you?

Comments

• Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom

I am a Detective Fiction Fan, a Wodehouse Fan and a Mark Wallingon Fan, I like Quizzes and Puzzles, I had an Idea for a puzzle published once, I try not to vote fir one of the Three man British Parties when I can help it but always vote, In the local Elections I last voted for a party which like me wants England to have their own Party but if Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland didn't I wouldn't be bothered, what's good for the goose and all that, I love the Theatre, my favourite Playwrite is Alan Ayckbourne, I also like Niel Simon, Oscar Wilde, Noel Coward and the Writer of Stepping Out and Outside Edge, I also love Mozart, Vivaldi and Jazz and Gilbert and Sullivan.

• I have a deep interest in classical literature, Robert Lois Stevenson, George Orwell, Jane Astern, Emily Bronte, Thomas Hardy etc.
  • BlueMoonBlueMoon Mandaue, Philippines
    A bit about me is that, for some reason, I despise Classics, except ACs, such as Wind and the Willows, Robinson Crusoe, Sailing Alone Around the world and other books. I love Agatha's Short stories and hope to be an author someday
  • I enjoy many UK shows and tv series, and generally watch Hollywood films made between 1930s - 1950s.
  • glalonzo0408glalonzo0408 Pennsylvania, United States
    I have my Master's degree from Penn State University WE ARE...., I enjoy watching British comedies and mysteries on television....AC is by far my favorite author...I am active in the local community theater and directed Death on the Nile (a.k.a. Murder on the Nile)...my hobbies are painting, reading, crocheting ... I love to travel ... 
  • I love murder mysteries, I have been on two murder mystery weekends, and one on a train!!! I work at a television repair company.
  • AriadneAriadne Texas, United States
    Hi All,

My mom got me interested in A.C. when I was in my teens and we would read her books together. Right now, I'm a care giver for my mom who has Alzheimer's. I hope to have a career in art someday. I love vintage "stuff". I Love to watch old movies, I love art, cats...among many other things. :) I'm also a fan of classic books, Wodehouse, Jane Austen, etc.....also a fan of Gilbert and Sullivan and some opera. I'm glad I found this site, and hope to meet other Christie fans here! :)
  • AgathasmykidAgathasmykid British Columbia, Canada

I live in Canada and am a huge mystery lover!  Thanks of course to the great Agatha Christie. 

I believe that we should all try and be good to each other and our environment, regardless of our faith or politics.

I work in health care and love it.

My username says something personal about me however I will leave that to you mystery lovers to figure out ;)

• youngmrquinyoungmrquin Buenos Aires, Argentina
    I love swimming as a sport and other physical activities. I enjoy reading a variety of books: from murder mystery to postmodern literature.
  • Jane_Doe77Jane_Doe77 California, United States
    Hi I live in the land of the fruits & nuts that would be California. I work as a ministry assistant for a none profit organisation, we provide assistance to about 2,100 Southern Baptist Churches in California. Approximately 100 of those churches are multi-ethnic, I always did like to assist others, call it a gift or what not. Any way I enjoy reading murder mysteries & I like to watch a lot of BBC programs "Luther! " WOW! what a program that was. I also enjoy working in my yard it's a stress reliever so are Fill-it-in's & seduko. This just a few things I like too do in life. : ) 
  • Hi, guys. I'm new here. I've been reading the forum for some time and really enjoy reading your opinions on different Agatha's subjects, so i've decided to join you. Hope we have great time.

I'm Teddy from Bulgaria. 30 years old. I've been reading Agatha's books since 1997. My first (and favorite) book was "Murder on the Links" . Definitely prefer Poirot to Miss Marple. Apart from Agatha I read Earl Stanley Gardner and italian authors (I speak Italian, too)
  • AriadneAriadne Texas, United States
    Hey Teddy, Nice to meet you. Poirot is my favorite, too. Have fun here! :)
  • Hello teddy nice to meet you, I think we already spoke to each other in a discussion
  • And nice too meet you also @Ariadne‌ loved your story ,sorry about your mother but it shows both you and your mother's strong bonding,keep smiling :)