The first murder - Henry Birtwistle

13»

Comments

• AgathasmykidAgathasmykid British Columbia, Canada
    Wow, I just found it.  I must have re-read that page several times. It showed up on my web browser just fine. My advice, i read over things very carefully.  Lots of great hints given already. Another thought, I wonder why the book of the month went from Styles to Murder on the Orient Express, I thought it was going to to go in chronolgical order...hmmmmm
  • Now i´m on the right track...
  • miss_mysterymiss_mystery Essex, United Kingdom
    at last i found it, going through each section of each story 
  • glalonzo0408glalonzo0408 Pennsylvania, United States
    I give up....I have looked and looked.....on the Book of the Month webpage and can't find one thing.....UGH ... so aggravated....
    I give up....I have looked and looked.....on the Book of the Month webpage and can't find one thing.....UGH ... so aggravated....

Go back through the hints glalonzo, and remember to look deeper....

As I am writing this to you I have noticed a lone eagle fly by my window.  Lucky it was so slim it between my house and the lamp post.

• glalonzo0408glalonzo0408 Pennsylvania, United States
    FINALLY FOUND IT..........
    Thanks Jane
  • cphh1007cphh1007 New York, United States
    Oh God!  I have been looking all day. I've gone through each story I thought it could be and even the Book of the Month page, but to no success!  Should I be looking for a specific word in the text or a picture or something that's not typically on the page or...???
  • MariaMaria Pichincha, Ecuador
    edited October 2013
    cphh1007 said:
    Oh God!  I have been looking all day. I've gone through each story I thought it could be and even the Book of the Month page, but to no success!  Should I be looking for a specific word in the text or a picture or something that's not typically on the page or...???
    you can look for inspiration! she's a free spirit and likes to fly high!
  • cphh1007cphh1007 New York, United States
    Got it!  THank you sooo much Maria!!!
  • femaccafemacca Singapore, Singapore
    edited October 2013
    I finally found the link to the clue. 

However, I appreciate if someone can explain some remaining doubts for me to tie the three visions to the link and clue.

- The first vision, squeezing sponge for money: was it a hint to the link to the clue?
    - The second vision, bride in wedding dress: was it wordplay linked to the third vision of the image of the crest?

For those who have yet to find the link to the clue, it is about two or three levels deep you have to look. If you stop at the first level, you will not see it at all. Last resort is to wildly click around and you'll stumble upon it somehow.
  • Oh I got it. I didn't have the right link. I thought I did so I stopped looking but I got it now. 
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    I believe that, since the motives behind the murders are important, the first clue pertains to the motive for the murder (though I could be wrong).  The second clue is a hint to the location of the link dealing with wordplay.  The third clue is a more direct hint as to the location of the link.
  • InspectorVenoqInspectorVenoq Tasmania, Australia
    When I found the link, the first letter of the word that appeared was missing. I've assumed that this will happen each week and we have to figure out what the missing letter is, then do something with all of the missing letters at the end to figure out who the mystery man is... 

• Ahh! finally got the link!! thank u all for the clues u've given here that made it little easy for me to find the link... 
  • LL88LL88 Sofiya, Bulgaria
    When I found the link, the first letter of the word that appeared was missing. I've assumed that this will happen each week and we have to figure out what the missing letter is, then do something with all of the missing letters at the end to figure out who the mystery man is... 

I suppose so. But we will see, the second murder would be very important. :)
  • InspectorVenoqInspectorVenoq Tasmania, Australia
    Next murder just happened!
  • Is the 1st link still there or because the second murder has happened we can't find it anymore?
  • TommyTommy Vale of Glamorgan, The, United Kingdom

Is the 1st link still there or because the second murder has happened we can't find it anymore?
    It is still there - all links will remain on the site until the game ends. However not all links are hidden on the site yet, in previous years people have cheated by spending 48 hours straight looking at every single page rather than play the game!
  • first, I was thinking about wordplays: BLACKmail, WHITE wedding, BLUE train. but that led me nowhere. give me some clues please, i'm new to this type of game. if I find the first link, then I would know the logic of the game, what and how o look for it, and then I would be able to progress on my own. so please help me :)
    klaurose said:
    first, I was thinking about wordplays: BLACKmail, WHITE wedding, BLUE train. but that led me nowhere. give me some clues please, i'm new to this type of game. if I find the first link, then I would know the logic of the game, what and how o look for it, and then I would be able to progress on my own. so please help me :)

Hi klaurose, try going back through this thread, other members, including myself have given some really good helpful hints. 
  • Thanks! Anyway, this morning  with a fresh barin, I found it based on my feelings. The most helpful hint was the 'Don't give up part' :D I just needed the encouragement not to give up. :)
  • Tommy said:
     It is still there - all links will remain on the site until the game ends. However not all links are hidden on the site yet, in previous years people have cheated by spending 48 hours straight looking at every single page rather than play the game!
    So since there have been two murders, only two links have been hidden so far right? I am asking coz I found the second link today and I am hoping it can only be the link for Noakes. 
  • help please for the first link...

Stephanie, the best thing I can suggest is that you read all the posts in this thread from the beginning.  Some excellent hints have been given by various people. Together with the first three visions posted on facebook, they should put you on the right track.  

There's no need to rush through it like an express train, just take your time and you will work it out.

Stephanie, the best thing I can suggest is that you read all the posts in this thread from the beginning.  Some excellent hints have been given by various people. Together with the first three visions posted on facebook, they should put you on the right track.  

There's no need to rush through it like an express train, just take your time and you will work it out.

ok thank you very  much. I hope i will find it sooner or later :-*
  • edited October 2013
    Hi, it took some time to figure the first link. Had to reread all the posts several times. Thanks.
  • TommyTommy Vale of Glamorgan, The, United Kingdom
    Hi, it took some time to figure the first link. Had to reread all the posts several times. Thanks.
    Well done for persevering!
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    edited October 2013
    Just to reiterate, check everything!