Chapter Ten: The Truth

TuppenceTuppence City of London, United Kingdom
edited July 2014 in Write Your Own Christie
We've finally arrived at Chapter Ten, the final chapter in our collaborative writing competition. We'd like to say a huge thank you to everyone who has entered so far, as well as those of you who have been reading the story and chatting in the forum. We've seen some brilliant entries and twisting plots - now all that remains is to discover who our murderer is...

Leave your thoughts, queries, questions and theories here.

Has anyone thought of a good title yet?

For anyone struggling with this all-important chapter, make sure you read our latest writers' tips article by best-selling crime novelist, Sophie Hannah.

Comments

• Pat_septemberPat_september Gauteng, South Africa
    For a title I'm thinking:

The Jigsaw Murders
    or
    Puzzling Over Murder

~O)
    I have a fantastic song in mind that would be a great wrap-up for the Write Your Own Christie Competition: the Adagio of Spartacus by Khachaturian.
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    Everybody, please remember that the final entry is due TODAY.  There are less than fourteen hours left to submit your entry.  This is your last chance to enter the competition– good luck to everybody!
  • AdamRLevineAdamRLevine California, United States

For a title I'm thinking:

The Jigsaw Murders
    or
    Puzzling Over Murder

~O)
    I second these titles. A jigsaw puzzle is a wonderful metaphor for solving a crime.
    Thank you very much, Adam!
  • TuppenceTuppence City of London, United Kingdom
    To everyone who entered Write Your Own Christie Chapter 10:

The judges are still deliberating over the winning chapter for this final month. The competition is tough and they are hoping to announce the winner tomorrow (1st August).

Apologies for the delay and thank you again to everyone who has entered and supported the competition. We've read some fantastic plot twists and seen some brilliant characters.

Not long now before the murderer is revealed...
    Thank you, Tuppence!

~O)
  • TuppenceTuppence City of London, United Kingdom
    Dear writers and readers,

The winner for the final chapter of Write Your Own Christie 2013 has been announced.

Well done, Roger!

~O)

Thank you to the Agatha Christie Team for organizing the Write Your Own Christie Competition  and to the Judges for reading all the entries and mostly for their positive comments on the winning chapters!
    I really enjoyed participating in this competition! I loved the thrill of creating chapter after chapter and discovering how much I can push myself. Writing ten chapters was no easy job, but it definitely left me wanting to write some more!

~O)
  • AdamRLevineAdamRLevine California, United States
    Agreed -- congratulations, Roger, and profuse thanks to the judges and the Agatha Christie Team for all their hard work!
  • Thank you Pat - I hope you like Chapter 10 and approve of the perpetrator. Thanks also to the Agatha Christie Team - WYO Christie was a fantastic idea.
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    Congratulations, Roger!
    Thank you Pat - I hope you like Chapter 10 and approve of the perpetrator. Thanks also to the Agatha Christie Team - WYO Christie was a fantastic idea.
    Your choice of a killer is perfect, I would have never suspected him / her myself - having read the story! (just trying not to give away anything here).
    ;)
  • alanalialanali San Fernando, Trinidad and Tobago
    Good job everyone! :))
    Thank you, Alanali!
  • LL88LL88 Sofiya, Bulgaria

I must say this was a great opportunity for every fan of Agatha Christie and especially for those who like creating stories and/or writing them. And I really loved the story and how it came at the end!
    I would definitely read and re-read it again. One feature I like most is the style and the English language - I do not know if any corrections were made, but either way, the authors had great styles and on several places I thought I was reading professionals' work! Such a great time!

@ LL88
    It was lots of fun writing the chapters!