The second murder - Patrick Noakes

124»

Comments

• Is that for the same link that I just found? Or am I just dense?
  • AgathasmykidAgathasmykid British Columbia, Canada
    Is that for the same link that I just found? Or am I just dense?
    Yes, for the same link :)
  • Hope it will be a "HINT" in the literal sense...
  • MariaMaria Pichincha, Ecuador
    How many links are there to find?  One per murder?  I found this one,, by the way.

I was thrown off by the lost shoe  (there WAS a shoe stolen in a Poirot novel... and the number  that could also be a certain number of guests who attend a dinner that is very unlucky... neither of which are correct and had me thrown for  loop.
    happened to me too ;)
  • femaccafemacca Singapore, Singapore
    I found the second clue through the second "13" vision but still couldn't link it back to the cat's dying bit nor the first vision of CONFIDENCE in reverse. Hope someone can enlighten me  :-/

• femacca said:
    I found the second clue through the second "13" vision but still couldn't link it back to the cat's dying bit nor the first vision of CONFIDENCE in reverse. Hope someone can enlighten me  :-/
    leave out the cat first... ur going in the right way.. use the '13' and the final clue... its real easy once u figure it out... all the best..
  • LL88LL88 Sofiya, Bulgaria
    Oh....look like by counting 12, you made the task more Herculean than it really was :P

Yes, and I was looking for clocks and hours (but might be useful for future visions :) ).

One more thing about Patrick: I think by artist, they mean painter, rather than actor? :) These are commonly mistaken in Bulgarian, maybe for other languages it is the same. And I saw a comment about the disguises that he must be good actor, which I suppose does not refer to his profession.

• edited October 2013
    Here's a request to those in-charge of this contest. I am sure many will agree with me when I say that the third vision literally gives away everything and spoils the whole intrigue. 

One, it makes us all feel foolish who have spent hours working out the first two visions. Second it takes all the fun of the game of trying to crack the codes away. I mean from now on, we might as well not bother trying to solve the first two visions and simply wait for the third one. 

I understand, you need to make it easier with every new vision but THIS is too 'in your face'.
  • TommyTommy Vale of Glamorgan, The, United Kingdom
    Here's a request to those in-charge of this contest. I am sure many will agree with me when I say that the third vision literally gives away everything and spoils the whole intrigue. 

One, it makes us all feel foolish who have spent hours working out the first two visions. Second it takes all the fun of the game of trying to crack the codes away. I mean from now on, we might as well not bother trying to solve the first two visions and simply wait for the third one. 

I understand, you need to make it easier with every new vision but THIS is too 'in your face'.
    Thanks for your feedback. We want Agatha Christie fans of all levels of ability and knowledge to be able to play but agree with you that there could have been a little more 'puzzle' about this vision. That said, someone on Facebook still didn't work it out even after this vision so we hope that demonstrates the range of people who want to join in and have fun.

• I Found a link. I knew the book ages ago but I wasn't thinking inside and outside the box. Is there more than 1 link. Or is there just the 1 for this murder ? Please let me know

• Tommy said:
    Thanks for your feedback. We want Agatha Christie fans of all levels of ability and knowledge to be able to play but agree with you that there could have been a little more 'puzzle' about this vision. That said, someone on Facebook still didn't work it out even after this vision so we hope that demonstrates the range of people who want to join in and have fun. 

That's true...so we agree with each other :)....thanks
  • I still can't figure out what the third vision has to do with anything, so maybe I am one who will need stronger hints!!!
  • thanks for making me feel thick - I STILL haven't worked it out even with the 3rd clue. I'll keep trying.
  • Pat_septemberPat_september Gauteng, South Africa
    It looks like there is one link per murder. Must admit I was not familiar with this story. I wonder if the game will have us search through some Mary Westmacott novels..
    :D
  • This clue is from a book that is not 1 whole story. Hope that helps mandi
  • Does anyone think there will be another murder today. And possible clue?
  • AgathasmykidAgathasmykid British Columbia, Canada
    I still can't figure out what the third vision has to do with anything, so maybe I am one who will need stronger hints!!!
    Did you go back and re-read the hints in this thread? Although sometimes I find that taking a few days break from the game and coming back with a clear head helps.  Maybe coming back TUESDAY and trying again would help?
  • Agatha Christie. Didn't only write whole stories she wrote Many SHORT stories for magazines that we're put into books and sometimes that book was given a different title. Hope that helps
  • Oh, I DID find the link from the second clue,  and I think the third is supposed to point to the same clue but the third to me is harder thn the second.     Good hints, though.
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    Just remember, to play this game, it really helps to have a thorough knowledge of all of Christie's works, or at least to familiarize yourself with titles and basic plot points.
  • Thanks, I had the right book but hadn't been specific enough!
  • GKCfan said:
    Just remember, to play this game, it really helps to have a thorough knowledge of all of Christie's works, or at least to familiarize yourself with titles and basic plot points.
    I agree GKCfan, but there may be people who don't want to do that. They just want to join in and have fun.  The same way that I want to be Wimbledon champion and should be allowed to play in next year's final.  Keeping me out with silly requirements like ability and knowledge just isn't fair.
  • Tommy said:

The person you refer to on facebook worked it out over 19 hours ago and had been on the right track all along.

• glalonzo0408glalonzo0408 Pennsylvania, United States
    Tommy said:

The person you refer to on facebook worked it out over 19 hours ago and had been on the right track all along.

I am not sure who this person is who is complaining about the ease.....my girlfriend and I still haven't found it.......so Please SATYARTH...stop complaining

• glalonzo0408glalonzo0408 Pennsylvania, United States
    YAY I FOUND IT....................