Hercule Poirot and Miss Marple should meet.

Poirot and Miss Marple should meet and team up to solve a baffling murder.

Comments

• FrankFrank Queensland, Australia
    It is a very tempting idea but I fear they would not get on with each other due to their very different personalities and methods in detection.
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    Poirot would need Hastings for Moal support and Miss Marple would need Dolly or Bunch
  • DanielP1935DanielP1935 United Kingdom
    As I said in my other post I am going to write a story about these two characters meeting and try get it made into a made for TV film
  • FrankFrank Queensland, Australia
    Good luck with that @DanielP1935. It sounds like a great idea,
  • I agree @Frank they both have different personalities and their meeting even though it will be legendary for christie's fan but when it comes to solve any case I don't know what to say but good luck @DanielP1935 I know you can Make it interesting and surely all Christie's fan will read your story
    I would definitely.
    I've made a start on Hercule Poirot meets Miss Marple there are 10 new characters in the story one of them gets murdered and the others are suspects for the murder.    
  • Good..good continue :)
    What status does the Victim have and what is the backdrop?

the victims status is that are friends with one of other characters and the victim has something that one of the other characters wants. The backdrop the story will take place in London in 1935 and will also take place in St. Mary Mead.
    Oh Great, One of my Favourite Villages
  • TuppenceBeresfordTuppenceBeresford Hertford, United Kingdom
    I can't quite imagine them working together - but that makes me really want to read about it! It sounds fascinating.
    Me Too, It would be a Great Idea.
  • Actually I believe Agatha Christie was asked whether she would get Poirot and Miss Marple together in a book, and responded that she would not, because they live in different worlds and would not be able to cooperate (I don't remember her exact answer, but that was the gist). Interestingly, though, it is clear that they live in the same fictional world - because they have acquaintances of acquaintances in common (in moving finger, Miss Marple meets Mrs. Dane Calthorp, the reverend's wife. Mrs. Calthorp appears with Ariadne Oliver, Poirot's friend, in The pale Horse.)
    And Rodah and Despard are with Ariadne in Card On The Table.

I remember there was an article about a proposed Drama where Hercule meets Miss Marple who it was suggested would be played by Prunella Scales this was a few years ago.
  • MarcWatson-GrayMarcWatson-Gray Dundee City, United Kingdom
    I would have loved to have seen  Miss  Marple and Hercule Poirot being involved in the same mystery but approaching it from different ends (so to speak)Completely unknown to one and other until the net closed and they were drawn to the same location/Suspect.
    Would it be possible to solve a murder from two entirely separate set of clues and detection styles ???
    I'm in the middle of writing them meeting hoping to get it on tv  
    Good Luck, who would you cast as HP and MM
    Would love to see this on television.Will there be co-operation between the two characters or rivalry ?
    i can't see Hercule liking someone "interfering" in his investigations.
    And i can just see Miss Marple rolling her eyes at Hercules' obsession with order and symmetry.
    But by the end of the mystery,they would have gained a mutual respect for one and other and perhaps they would each take away new perspective on their styles of investidgation ?
  • AnubisAnubis Ontario, Canada
    I would like to see that too. 

In The Alphabet Murders, a (IMHO) very bad film from 1965 starring Tony Randall as HP, he (HP) encounters Miss Marple (Margaret Rutherford) walking down the street. They stare at each other, and then she walks off. It is perhaps the best part of the movie.
    That makes me want to watch it if only just once.
    With the recent trend of Superhero's coming together in movies...It might just be the right time for this !!
    Thank you all for your support I'm still in the middle of writing I will say when I have wrote them meeting as for who I would like to HP and MM I would like David Suchet and Julia Mckenzie.
    David Suchet is on Record as saying he wouldn't play Poirot in anything Agatha Christie hadn't Written.
  • I am totally loving your ideas @MarcWatson-Gray about both of them solving the case according to different clues..etc ,made me excited ^_^
  • And @Tommy_A_Jones is right @DanielP1935 David suchet said that he is only ac's poirot :(
    I was ask who I would like to play Poirot and I said David Suchet because I cannot see anybody else who can play poirot
    Thanks maryamalbulushi. it's and idea that has always fascinated me.I would like to think that they would cross each other' paths,just missing one and other until the ultimate moment when they collide....Towards Zero....so to speak....ha..

Ian Holm, Timothy West, Anthony Scher and an Actor who played a Hairdresser in Eastenders all come to mind.
    Finally after a long hiatus I've started writing again. I did not like the ending so I went back and rewrote it all again and while on hiatus thought up some new stuff to put in the story.