Brand New Agatha Christie Adaptations

Comments

• MoonrakerMoonraker Wiltshire, United Kingdom
    I understood they were to be moved to the 1950s. I don't see how N or M can be moved as it featured a WWII storyline complete with fifth columnists/Nazi sympathisers. My favourite T&T book.

I always felt that Warwick and Annis overacted their parts, but I agree i can't see Walliams being the right choice. It will be interesting to see.
  • People have suggested that N Or M would be about communist sympathizers in the 1950's. Apart from that I hope it will be faithful to the book. except a few more plot twists were needed.
  • I do hope there will be an actor of the family Fox ( Edward, Laurence, Freddie, Emilia...)in these TV adaptation. Great actors. I'm looking forward to watching the new Tommy and Tuppence...
  • I just wanna read ATTWN, but how? :( I can't find this novel @my home town...
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom

I have never knowingly seen Freddy Fox but can see Emilia playing the last woman to die, Laurence playing Lombard or Marston, Edward or James could easily play one of the other men.

novirubi try ebay

• edited March 2014
    Oh...Freddie Fox, son of Edward Fox, has played in "Why didn't they ask Evans?" (2009.)

He was Lodewijk XIII in " The Three Musketeers"( 2011)

He's still a young actor, but i'm sure he will have an excellent career like his family! 

• TuppenceTuppence City of London, United Kingdom
    @novi.rubi Have you tried your local library? ATTWN is also available to purchase online.
  • TuppenceTuppence City of London, United Kingdom
    @glalonzo0408 The new shows will be broadcast in the UK, US and worldwide, although we don't know what the dates are yet.
  • I wonder how different the atmosphere, the production values and most importantly, how close the stories will be to the novels, the BBC will make them compared to ITV. Generally I prefer ITV as they don't demand the public money. But in terms of these stories, well...we will have to wait and see...
    I prefer The BBC because they won't catapult anybody into stories they shouldn't be in like ITV did with MARPLE, and they won't leave out cruscial Characters or change motives like ITV did with Cards On The Table and won't add people like ITV did with Appointment With Death.
  • vazinvazin Shkoder, Albania
    i really want to see an adaptation of "ten little indians" , i heart that there was already an adaptation of this novel but it is so old one
  • FrankFrank Queensland, Australia
    vazin there have been numerous film adaptations of the novel. The first and best in my opinion was the cinema adaptation by Rene Clairs in 1945 followed in 1965 by George Pollocks adaptation. Like you I am looking forward to next years new production.
    I recorded one version a few weeks ago which I haven't watched yet.
  • mstrsims2mstrsims2 Massachusetts, United States
    edited August 2014

The 1945 film is very good but I am also partial to the Russian, 1987 film (Desyat Negrityat:  Ten Little Niggers) It would be perfect, except for the ending which reverts to all the former "film" versions rather than the book.    Hopefully this 2015 version will go back to the true ending--which is the whole point of the book, and which Christie agonized over until getting it right.

• mike1410mike1410 Franklin, New Zealand
    Rene Claire's 1945 Black & White version "And Then There Were None" is a good way to kill a couple of hours on a wet Sunday afternoon, and is at least still set on an island. The 1965 George Pollock version goes by the title "Ten Little Indians" and is set in a castle high in the Austrian Alps. This one is spoiled for me by the casting of Wilfred Hyde-White as Judge Cannon. I have difficulty seen him without thinking of him in the role of colonel Pickering in My Fair Lady. The 1974 colour version is set in the Iranian desert, reverts to the title of "And Then There Were None" and has a good cast incl Oliver Reed, Elke Sommer, Richard Attenborough and Herbert Lom. I find it a bit easier to watch than the other two. I have all three films on DVD, bought in clearance bins at various times, but have to admit to not watching them very often.

Given that Burgh Island off the south Devon coast is the location that gave Agatha her idea for the island in the book, it would be good if it was possible to set a new film in the actual location Agatha had in mind, using the restored Art Deco hotel that stands there for the house of U N Owen.
    I have recently seen the 1974 version and have 2 on my Machine stored waiting to be watched
  • AonesueAonesue Warwickshire, United Kingdom
    Jessica Raine, ex "Call The Midwife" revealed as Tuppence....
    Oh Gosh, The BBC areas bad at Casting as ITV is these days then Tommy and Tuppence should be the same age, I would assume Jessica Raine is years younger than David Walliams, who doesn't seem like a Tommy to me, I will watch with Inerest and Keeping an open mind.
  • I 've only known Femme Fatale Francesca Annis as Tuppence. As Tuppence she was full of passion for her detectivework! She was a beautiful girl and lived in the Jazz Age, the roaring twenties!
    I watched Jessica Raine in "Call the midwife" and loved the way she played the nurse Jenny, but I don't see a Tuppence in her only a girl nextdoor.But...I will watch it, I do hope the new Tommy and Tuppence will be great! :-)
    I hope The New Tommy and Tuppnce will be great too, Francesca Annis played Tuppence so perfectly, It is hard to see others in the role, I can see others in the Role quite easily Rachel Sterling and Ruby Bental and the Actress who played Lance's Wife in the ITV version of Pocketful of Rye come t mind but not Jessica Raine but I am willing to be proved wrong especially as I think David Walliams was brilliant in Body In The Library, Blandings and a Stephen Polliakoff Play is cast as Tommy and He in my View is SOOOOOOOOOOO WRONG Too for the Role of Tommy. 
  • DarrenArmosDarrenArmos London, City of, United Kingdom
    Hey guys, for all the fellow Poirot lovers, a month or two ago I discovered an artist in Devon in an exhibition and have been hooked ever since! I guess I'm posting this as I wanted to share my love for her Poirot painting which captures him perfectly! Her Poirot artwork is @ http://deniseorchard.co.uk/art_deco.html
  • shanashana Paramaribo, Suriname
    Saw only one painting with reference to H.P. : the Heavy Mob, three men shown sideways or with their backs turned ?!?
  • shana said:
    Saw only one painting with reference to H.P. : the Heavy Mob, three men shown sideways or with their backs turned ?!?
    Nice painting.  Unmistakeably (left to right) Hastings, Poirot and Japp.
  • shanashana Paramaribo, Suriname
    It would have been nicer to see their faces, And I was under the impression there would be more paintings depicting H.P. That's all!
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    Sometimes there are legal issues connected to depicting actors playing fictional characters.  By not showing faces, this may circumvent the problem.
  • RoyDimondRoyDimond British Columbia, Canada
    Good to see some other characters, Looking forward to seeing it. 
  • CamronJoCamronJo Wisconsin, United States
    I'm so glad to see that they are working to keep Agatha's works alive and kicking. I've started asking people of my generation (Generation Y) if they have ever read an Agatha Christie book. It was not only a no, but a heck no. It seems like not many like to even read. So sad...So if this can capture some attention, that would be great. I want to see the Queen of Mysteries stay on her throne  :)>-
    I have started to think there is a snobbery about Agatha Christie's Books, It is Like Politics People don't like admitting they vote for a certain Political Party, I personally think there is something embarracing about admitting you vote for either of the 5 English Main Parties, People would rather admit they read Other Crime Novels or Pratchett than Agatha Christie Novels it seems to me.
  • I've started asking people of my generation (Generation Y) if they have ever read an Agatha Christie book. It was not only a no, but a heck no. It seems like not many like to even read. So sad...So if this can capture some attention, that would be great. I want to see the Queen of Mysteries stay on her throne  :)>-
    Well one thing that I know that is keeping many from reading is technology--specifically the internet. I use to read a lot and since the internet entered into my life, reading has took a spot on the back burner. But now I'm going to return to reading again. I miss it dearly.
    I think the Interenet has made me Read more because I am on Facebook and there are Groups for the things I read Christie and Wodehouse so I read more in order to comment on those pages aswell as this group, also my life has changed so I can read more.