Brand New Agatha Christie Adaptations

13»

Comments

• It is often suggested that AC may have identified with Ariadne Oliver, but, I sometimes wonder, does she rather see herself as being like the orchestrator of ATTWN? Certainly, I believe that AC's later novels show more of a desire to achieve statutory justice. In some of the earlier novels, perpetrators used to get a relatively easy way out, and the police would make it work on paper (most obvious example being, The Crooked House, but also, Dumb Witness, Three Act Tragedy and The Murder of Roger Ackroyd.)
  • NeilactsNeilacts New York, United States
    Is there any information about whether this adaptation of AND THEN THERE WERE NONE will use the ending from the novel or the altered endings that were used in the play and subsequent filmed versions?
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    That is a really Interesting take on ATTWN Griselda, I had never thought of Agatha Christie being the Orchestrator, I wonder if Narracott, and the Policemen are going to feature in the Adaptation of ATTWN?
  • adminadmin Cuanza Norte, Angola
    The new adaptation of And Then There Were None will in fact be using the original ending from the book. Are you looking forward to watching it?
    Yes, Toby Stephens would be my 1st Choice for the part he is playing
  • tudestudes Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    admin said:
    The new adaptation of And Then There Were None will in fact be using the original ending from the book. Are you looking forward to watching it?
    That's good news! I love the original ending!
  • Christopher_WrenChristopher_Wren Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
    admin said:
    Now I am. :)
    Yes I am looking forward to it
  • Can someone please Spoiler Alert the two different endings. Thanks.
  • tudestudes Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    @Griselda. There's the original ending  from the book. And there's the ending from the play (Ten Little Indians), this play was written by Agatha Christie in 1944, I think.

SPOILER:
    The play is a bit different from the book, I think. Two characters survive.
    I will not tell you more.
    SPOILER ALERT!!! In The Book The Murderer Commits Suicide and The Police find 10 Bodies, In The Other Ending 2 Characters are left alive
  • AGRAKALEditionAGRAKALEdition Tunis, Tunisia
    I am a french fan of Agatha Christie, I read all her novels and I think I have almost all her books in my library.
    I did hate Monogram Murders written by Hannah... May I recommend an unknown author whose style reminds me of our Dear Queen of Crime ? If you can read french, you would love the book, its called Double noeud and the story happens in British Cornwall during the Roaring Twenties...
    Erich Alauzen is the writer's name

It is sold on Amazon.fr under Double noeud.
    Let's try to encourage this writer, the Double noeud 2 will be published soon...

• AndreaBRINETAndreaBRINET Ile-de-France, France
    I do agree with Agrakal Edition.. I have read this book this summer and I quite enjoyed it because of the atmosphere of the book.. Me too, it reminded me of Agatha Christie, and Rosemary Bartell looks like Miss Marple, but is younger and more active... This Erich Alauzen has to be encouraged.
    Thanks for the information related to the next publishing of Double noeud 2, I can't wait !
    Andrea Brinet