DAY #6– THE SIXTH LITTLE SOLDIER BOY!

GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
Hello everybody!  I hope that you had a great weekend!  United States players– are you watching the new miniseries on Lifetime?

The Mystery Man sent me another email!  Here are the clues!

1) Double trouble!

2) Shame on you, Edith Thompson and Frederick Bywaters!  Did George Harry Storrs serve as an inspiration, too?

3) A temporary goodbye to a good friend.

I know where to look!  Do you?  One again, no spoilers or additions to the clue thread, please.  And if you're in the U.S., please watch the second and final part of the new And Then There Were None miniseries tonight!

Comments

• This seems tough. I've searched about the 2nd clue found a book & visited the pages. But there wasn't any soldier which means I could be wrong. Now I am trying to remember a Christie book with similar story line! Anyone found the soldier? 
  • GraybearGraybear West Sussex, U.K.
    Nope no soldier found. I am really struggling. Thought I had it but no! Anyone found so I can have a clue please?! 
    Found it! It was my first thought and I allowed myself to go off on a tangent!
  • Hey @Graybear congrats on finding it. Can you give me a hint about it please 
  • Smart hints!
    Hey @Graybear congrats on finding it. Can you give me a hint about it please 
    Rekha, if you are looking for the story, the first two clues are great. But for me, the best was the third one...Think, which "good friend" in AC books can have a temporary goodbye and why so?
  • Dr.SheppardDr.Sheppard Oxford, UK
    rekha.srivalli
    look at clue 3. Who is the friend that leaves for a while? You want the book title he is in before he leaves.
    I agree. The first 2 clues really stumped me - it was clue 3 that I got. 

• thank you @Dr.Sheppard @D.Kettering @Graybear for your hints. I understood who the 'good friend' was, but finding the right book took time (haven't read this book yet). Finally using trail & error I found the 6th soldier. :) 
    Thank you 
  • misstulipmisstulip Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
    edited March 2016
    The "good friend" clue helps to find the correct category of novel/story. It takes a bit of research unless you can find the link between the second clue and the plot easily. 
    Will there be a discussion forum to chat about the final answer? How the clues we've received so far relate to the culprit? Maybe it's too early in the game...
    It would be nice to have somewhere to discuss the clues found and how to find the mystery man. I've got all the clues so far but have no idea where or who they lead too. 
  • AgathasmykidAgathasmykid British Columbia, Canada
    Found it! This one was the easiest one for me as I got it on the first book I tried, almost like a hole in one.
  • alanalialanali San Fernando, Trinidad and Tobago
    Found it! :D
  • tudestudes Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    I did it! The second and third clue helped!
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    @Graybear, ask and you shall receive.  A spoiler forum for the game has been created: http://community-archive.agathachristie.com/discussion/803/mystery-man-spoiler-forum?new=1.
  • Found! Not an easy one I believe. Clue 3 is the key, they're right, but I think D.Kettering has given the right point of view on the hints ! 
    @GKCfan thank you for the forum.  
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    @Graybear, you're welcome!
  • DW_28DW_28 Plymouth
    Finally found number six, I'm enjoying this !