WHO'S NEXT?

Now that the first 3 visions were revealed, I think now we came to a place where, I think, we must ask ourselves 3 questions:

1. Did the police find the corpse? If so, where did they find it?
2. If the police didn't find it, is the architect really dead?
3. Does his dead point out to the next victim?

I think there might be a connection with another one of Christie's novels. Does the blond woman on the white wedding dress reminds you of another character? I think it does, at least if you add some greed and jealousy to the plot...

Comments

• LL88LL88 Sofiya, Bulgaria
    If the body was not found, then Henry could be the murderer (and first made himself "dead", before going for the real victims). On the picture on eBay we never saw indeed the dead body - just one covered with white sheet.
    He might also be not dead and posted the ad on eBay just to make someone buy the "dead body" and get the money for it - maybe he needs that money for something. This could be also the case if someone else killed him and put the body for sale - they could need the money for a particular reason.
    Anyway, mentioning greed and jealousy made me think of the 7 deadly sins. :) If the next victim is connected with another sin, this might mean something.
  • MariaMaria Pichincha, Ecuador
    well... now we know the second down is the artist... the architect was an extortionist and it seems the artist wasn't what he appeard to be...
    maybe a pattern is showing? fist the architect, then the artist, might the third victim be the gardner? or the murderer will target a lady this time?
  • angelicalisonangelicalison South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    I think seven of them wronged the other one, but what I am intrigued to find out, is will one of them fake their own death, so it isn't obvious who the killer is? Or will they be the last "man" standing... presuming it is a man, but I wouldn't take that for granted myself.
    I think seven of them wronged the other one, but what I am intrigued to find out, is will one of them fake their own death, so it isn't obvious who the killer is? Or will they be the last "man" standing... presuming it is a man, but I wouldn't take that for granted myself.

My idea was the same. But I'd rather think that six of them did something in the past which affected the seventh, who wants a revenge now. And the eigth is the Mystic Margot herself, who saw the connection (either by knowing something real, or by using her powers - if we assume they are true and indeed take place in the story as something normal).
    But these are my first assumptions. To keep them, I shall get more proofs. But for now my theory has only one possible direction. Having also in mind the two links we have as of now, they fit my theory in a way, but the bond is pretty unstable. I shall say more if the third murder has something in common with what I have in mind.

p.s. I think the reporters will blame the last one standing, until he/she dies as well. Then, they will be puzzled by the end of the story. And we have to reveal what really happened. That's what I expect.
  • angelicalisonangelicalison South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    Of course there is another (unlikely) possibility. That the murderer commits suicide, perhaps in a way to look like murder.... or they could be dying already and wants revenge first. Hmmmm, only time will tell
  • I think the next victim will be Barron and it will be  locked room mystery because how could they get into  a hotel?  And technically a hotel is another public place.
  • Pat_septemberPat_september Gauteng, South Africa
    a hospital is another public place as well and the nurse could go next.. or stage her own death.
  • MrsOliverMrsOliver Mid Glamorgan, United Kingdom
    I keep thinking that Roberta Greatrex. Although she went to see Mystic Margot it states : "Well actually, she (Mystic Margot) didn't really read my palm properly, and actually I wasn't really interested in having my fortune read in the first place".
    Why would she go and visit Mystic Margot IF she wasn't interested in having her fortune read? She has been married 5 times. What happened to her Husbands? Maybe she has had help from a few people or maybe she has let slip things she shouldn't have OR maybe I am going completely nuts and spending too much time looking at it :)
  • These names get me... Anderson, common name.   Greatrex? Noakes?  Are these anagrams? Or am I thinking way too much into it.
  • I think the reporter needed a good story for the newspaper.Henry downgraded their new´s ...Dead.The reporter has a motive.Ted is confident...Prediction of eight murders by Margot...If eight die...some one has to kill them all...or not...
    edited October 2013
    MrsOliver said:
    I keep thinking that Roberta Greatrex. Although she went to see Mystic Margot it states : "Well actually, she (Mystic Margot) didn't really read my palm properly, and actually I wasn't really interested in having my fortune read in the first place".
    Why would she go and visit Mystic Margot IF she wasn't interested in having her fortune read? She has been married 5 times. What happened to her Husbands? Maybe she has had help from a few people or maybe she has let slip things she shouldn't have OR maybe I am going completely nuts and spending too much time looking at it :)
    Then we both think too much. :) What IF her husbands suffered different things - for each, one of our known characters was responsible. And now Roberta seeks revenge? Then, maybe former MP or a nurse would be the next victim, IMO. I also believe that Mystic Margot would be next-to-the-last (or otherwise we will have no more visions :O )
    These names get me... Anderson, common name.   Greatrex? Noakes?  Are these anagrams? Or am I thinking way too much into it.

douglas.beatty.10 supposed in another thread that Noakes can be rearranged to "ask one". Then, I started working on this idea of the anagrams, but nothing useful as of now.
  • my bet is on the gardner as the next victim.

my bet is on the gardner as the next victim.

I bet that the hotelier or Roberta will be the third victim. And the last two will be Margot and Ted. This makes sense to me, after mine interpretations of their personalities as of now.
  • Gosh, I need a third murder, now!
    MrsOliver said:
    I think we now need to pay attention to her second interview: she claims she's only been married twice, not 5 times as the reporter says... So, does this gives us a clue? Why does everybody think she's had 5 husbands? Also, what happened to them? We know that out of our 8 possible victims, 5 of them are men. Is there a connection? Murder in Mesopotamia comes in mind, sort of...
  • glalonzo0408glalonzo0408 Pennsylvania, United States
    MrsOliver said:
    I thought the same thing...why did she go to Mystic Margot if she didn't want her palm read? Also, she said she wasn't married 5 x's.......
    well, as I thought (and also as anamaria.ciop said) the gardner is our third casualty... the architect, the artist and the gardner... and know we also know that the gardner was also a handyman... very easily he had worked with the architect before, don't you think?
  • MrsOliverMrsOliver Mid Glamorgan, United Kingdom
    I really wish Roberta Greatrex would die! I could then move on and think through different theories but right now I just can't move on from her!
    I see your point, but now I'm gonna share a theory that I have. I think that now, what is really important about Roberta is the fact that the journalists keep pointing her out as a five times married woman. She claims she's only been married twice, but in both her interviews she was presented like that.

And that is something that sets her appart from the other 7: we know Ted is a retired MP, Henry was an architect, Guto was a gardner/handyman, Stephen is a hotelier, Mystic Margot is (or at least she thinks she is) a psychic, Patrick was an artist (an actor maybe?) and Fern is a nurse. They all have carrers, but not Roberta. At least, we don't know what she does. We don't know very much of our suspects/victims, but we can paint a picture of their personalities and she feels a bit like a snob, maybe she has money or pretends to have status, which might explain why she's only described as "married 5 times".

I keep coming back to that because we have 5 male victims/suspects. So, for now, we can't be sure if she is the murderer, but I strongly suspect she is the common link among them all, even the nurse. Margot I think got involved because of her "abilities", and not before that.
  • glalonzo0408glalonzo0408 Pennsylvania, United States
    maria....i agree.....was thinking along the same lines.......
    MrsOliver said:
    I really wish Roberta Greatrex would die! I could then move on and think through different theories but right now I just can't move on from her!

I wish the same, but what if she is the Mystery Man? My theory about her motive is only one as of now - something happened to each of her husbands/lovers/whatever they were and the other characters were the resposinble ones for their sufferings. That is why now she seeks revenge. I can see no other motive as of now. Maybe if we understand what she does/works, this would help a bit.
    Thinking more on their personalities, I think the strongest characters are Roberta and Ted. So, they should be the last two remaining. So, IMO, the next 3 victims should be the hotelier, the nurse and the Mystic herself (I hope she is the sixth, though).
  • I think Ted will be the next.He already said to authorities to double their efforts...and he has already  challenged the killer...
  • I imagine Roberta (if she was from one of Agatha's stories) as the beautiful sexy woman with many suitors. A lot of broken hearts in the past. 
    "I wasn't really interested in having my fortune read in the first place"  but she did went to M Margot. A proud woman I'll say. She does not like to admit that she went to a fortune telling.
    I imagine Roberta (if she was from one of Agatha's stories) as the beautiful sexy woman with many suitors. A lot of broken hearts in the past. 
    "I wasn't really interested in having my fortune read in the first place"  but she did went to M Margot. A proud woman I'll say. She does not like to admit that she went to a fortune telling.
    She reminds me a bit of Linnet Doyle (Death on the Nile), but I think she might be older considering the 5 marriages; also reminds me of Louise Leidner (Murder in Mesopotamia)
  • Hey, fellow detectives ;) 
    You know, I keep thinking about Roberta Greatrex. Unlike all the others, her profession is not mantioned. On the other hand, her 5 marriages are. So that fact must be of some great significance for the game. What is more, we have 5 men in our group.
    So, I got such an idea: what if this 5 men were actually HER HUSBANDS. Or maybe 2 were her husbands and the other 3 - lovers.
    What do you guys, think about that?
    As for the next victim I think it will be Barron - the hotelier.
    Have a great day :)
    Alex
  • I think next it will be a woman (the nurse or Roberta)

Alex said:
    Hey, fellow detectives ;) 
    You know, I keep thinking about Roberta Greatrex. Unlike all the others, her profession is not mantioned. On the other hand, her 5 marriages are. So that fact must be of some great significance for the game. What is more, we have 5 men in our group.
    So, I got such an idea: what if this 5 men were actually HER HUSBANDS. Or maybe 2 were her husbands and the other 3 - lovers.
    What do you guys, think about that?
    As for the next victim I think it will be Barron - the hotelier.
    Have a great day :)
    Alex
    It could be so. We will see though.
    However, I think that if next is the hotelier, then Roberta should be the Mystery Man. If he is not next, then he should be.
    Nevertheless, with the next murder and secret link I will know if my theory is right for who is the Mystery Man.
    Now we had a murder, Ted Andreson... electric shock?
    Maria said:
    Now we had a murder, Ted Andreson... electric shock?

And I just had a deja vu, when reading this comment. Too bad my clairvoyance powers do not work for the game. I usually can guess things if I set my mind properly, but for the game I think too much and do not set it correctly. :D
    Now, seriously - I admire those who guess the next victim correctly. So far none of my guesses were right. I hope those who manage to guess have an overall idea about the Mystery Man and their motive. :)
    I think Ted will be the next.He already said to authorities to double their efforts...and he has already  challenged the killer...
    You were right, and I do think he was very likely to go down. Keeping with the pattern, maybe the next one will be the hotelier... He also doubled security and is the last man standing... Will the killer break the pattern and go for a lady? My guess is that, if he/she does, it'll be the nurse...