June's Book of the Month: A Murder is Announced

1235»

Comments

• Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom

I think A Murder Is Announced is Terrific I have read it many times and when I have finished it I can't wait to read it again.

• A Murder Is Announced is an UNFORGETTABLE Agatha Christie story. The characters, the story, the solution to the mystery is stunning, including the post-war background which enhances the story and strikes a chord to the mystery itself at times. 
  • michealjordanmichealjordan London, United Kingdom
    Found it very useful.
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    I remember when I bought A MURDER IS ANNOUNCED– I was in 6th grade, and it was a rainy day.  I visited a bookshop that would move a few months later.  I read the book that afternoon and loved it, though I really liked two of the victims.

A Murder Is Announced is sublime and superb, I can't praise it high enough, I would Love to live in Chipping Cleghorn ad I think I would feel very Comfortable among Most of The Characters in the Book.
  • edited January 2019

A Murder Is Announced is sublime and superb, I can't praise it high enough, I would Love to live in Chipping Cleghorn ad I think I would feel very Comfortable among Most of The Characters in the Book.
    I remember reading in one of John Curran's volumes of Agatha Christie's Secret Notebooks where he mentions one of the things that Christie liked about A Murder Is Announced are the characters. And I agree, they are colorful, vivid, memorable and they stand out in the midst of post-WWII village that Christie wonderfully paints, a time where the world of England has changed drastically. 
    I couldn't agree more.