Who is the Mystery Man?

Comments

• AgathasmykidAgathasmykid British Columbia, Canada

Hmm, okay, some of us have different letters..very interesting.  I am going to go back and review all the puzzles then.

I have 2E 1O as well.

• HuilangHuilang Durham, United Kingdom
    By the way...

"In other news we can report that thanks to the global exposure enjoyed by The Gazette during this incredible sequence of events, our humble newspaper is to be acquired by the media conglomerate News Incorporation, congratulations to all the team for their continued success"

quite interesting, isn't it?
  • swilks1991swilks1991 Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
    I don't have an A? Which word did you get the a? Have looked back through all the links and cant find it.
  • glalonzo0408glalonzo0408 Pennsylvania, United States
    Huilang said:
    By the way...

"In other news we can report that thanks to the global exposure enjoyed by The Gazette during this incredible sequence of events, our humble newspaper is to be acquired by the media conglomerate News Incorporation, congratulations to all the team for their continued success"

quite interesting, isn't it?

I still believe that the reporters are persons of interest.......what are your thoughts

• MariaMaria Pichincha, Ecuador
    Maybe they are, but let's see the last link to be sure...
  • my mistake, there is no A. Have seen wrong letter in my notes.
    I don't have an A? Which word did you get the a? Have looked back through all the links and cant find it.

• edited October 2013
    Am I wrong expecting 2 consonants to get 2 words ??
    :-?
    Maria said:
    I have counted 4 vowels, 2 E, 1 O and 1 A
    I went back over all of the words, and realize I made a mistake, I actually have 3 vowels, not that it makes anything more clear to me lol!

I have 3 too, 2 E and 1 O... no A...
    yes, you'r right, me almost blind and blonde
    X_X

~X( I have 3 E and 1 O is this possible...can't find the links for the first 2 deaths anymore !!!! 
    just 2 E; the links are there, I went over it and found them... first link is the story that inspired the book of the month; second link is in a story related to having a "why" against having a "how" and is found in a book that is related to a number considered bad luck...
  • Maria said:
    Maria said:
    I have counted 4 vowels, 2 E, 1 O and 1 A
    I went back over all of the words, and realize I made a mistake, I actually have 3 vowels, not that it makes anything more clear to me lol!

I have 3 too, 2 E and 1 O... no A...
    yes, you'r right, me almost blind and blonde
    X_X

~X( I have 3 E and 1 O is this possible...can't find the links for the first 2 deaths anymore !!!! 
    just 2 E; the links are there, I went over it and found them... first link is the story that inspired the book of the month; second link is in a story related to having a "why" against having a "how" and is found in a book that is related to a number considered bad luck...

;)) Thanks Maria !!!! ...by the way I'm expecting 2 consonants in the next murder, giving 2 words 
    yes, I do think that 2, but for the crime I think the nurse has committed and the 2 letters I'm expecting, I can't figure our a word... lol
  • or more precisely someone's name

;)) Thanks Maria !!!! ...by the way I'm expecting 2 consonants in the next murder, giving 2 words

• LL88LL88 Sofiya, Bulgaria
    Maria said:
    yes, I do think that 2, but for the crime I think the nurse has committed and the 2 letters I'm expecting, I can't figure our a word... lol

What if we use also the letters that we got from the wrongly written words by the reporters? Will that help?
    I am trying to anagram the letters that we have in every possible way, but nothing satisfying comes out of that. I am not sure whether we should also take the spelling mistakes into consideration. They should mean something, but the letters... I think it risks making it all the more complicated and messing our minds up. So I'm ignoring them unless I really end up needing them...

What about other possible clues? I guess now that Jessica is dead we are all narrowing down our suspects to one mysterious person... but why all the murders? 

Do you think the names of the victims mean something? How about the stories the clues were in? I haven't read all of them, some could have interesting points but some others...
    I haven't read all of them either, but I do think that both the word with the link and at least the title of the stories should point us to the motive, as the clues themselves point to the Mystery Man...
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    I believe I know who the Mystery Man is, but now I'm trying to figure out the motive...
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    Everybody, the spelling mistakes are NOT clues.  I know this, because the following message was posted here weeks ago by the game administrator:

Tommy Vale of Glamorgan, The, United Kingdom Investigator
    The Gazette's proof reader has been let go. It is safe to assume that these spelling mistakes are not clues.  
    I don't understand why NK would keep on posting the visions for JS though. I wouldn't do that in his/her shoes!
  • divyaddsdivyadds Tamil Nadu, India
    I think I know who the mystery man is but not sure about the motive. Lot of things unexplained..
    I didn't expect this... Really surprised by the twist of events, the last murder and the identity of the Mistery Man... I now have to figure out the motive... Hard work ahead...
  • OK guys, seems to me we're sharing the same fate: we've got an identity but no motive....mmmm... a brainstorming weekend ahead !!!  :-?

• Pat_septemberPat_september Gauteng, South Africa
    yes, hard working weekend ahead, but an exiting one nevertheless
    ~O)
  • cphh1007cphh1007 New York, United States
    How does everybody know the mystery person?!? I'm still lost on everything... hints please :)
  • cphh1007cphh1007 New York, United States
    edited October 2013
    Never mind, ThaNKs!  Figured it out... just need that motive!!!  Hmm... I wonder why...

Today I got that brilliant idea about the motive. One of my previous theories fit perfectly what we already know, but... after reading some information about the British judicial system, I am back to where we all are.
    Anyway, I have an idea. I can't say what exactly has happened (I am not a resident of St Mary Mead :( ) that made the murderer do all this, but still I know that I will send some information with one big blur for the very first event. Except it, everything else seems legit to me.

One or two more days and I will share what questions are disturbing me now we know the identity of the Mystery Man. Until then, we should give a chance for the rest to find it out, too (althought, if one thinks some time, they could find it out by themselves - the current ending is pretty "convenient" for one party, who appears to be the Mystery Man).

• edited October 2013
    i was away for a few days, and i feel a little bit out of the loop. so, I/we know who the mystery man is, but we don't know WHO he/she is, right? or am i missing something? or do i have to look for a story now? i mean, i have an idea who that is, because of the two particular letters that no one else has, and then we have a staged murder... but is it that simple?
    klaurose said:
    i was away for a few days, and i feel a little bit out of the loop. so, I/we know who the mystery man is, but we don't know WHO he/she is, right? or am i missing something? or do i have to look for a story now? i mean, i have an idea who that is, because of the two particular letters that no one else has, and then we have a staged murder... but is it that simple?
    I'm confused, which is the staged murder?

I don't think there is anything behind the "name" we came up, because we "know" who this person is. I thought we were going to get a clue, but it seems we got a name.
    klaurose said:

I also do not get this. We got 10 missing letters and they come up to someone's identity. I think it is enough to know who it is. The rest are all dead, IMO.
  • edited October 2013
    what i got, is not a name, it is an identity, and i was confused that it could be still a secret identity. for example, the last survivor's secret name, or one of the victims', but now i remember the creators of the game told us, all 8 victims are definitely dead. so, disregard my previous comments, please. :)
  • makes no sense, i know, i just somehow expect, or expected, a HUGE twist. like in the books.
    klaurose said:
    what i got, is not a name, it is an identity, and i was confused that it could be still a secret identity. for example, the last survivor's secret name, or one of the victims', but now i remember the creators of the game told us, all 8 victims are definitely dead. so, disregard my previous comments, please. :)
    I think it DOES make sense. It would mess a "simpler" solution up, but I definitely think that you've got a point there... what if NK stands for, say... Not Killed? Crazy theory? :)
    Did they actually say that they identified the bodies of all 8 people?
    I'm going back and re-checking everything. It somehow seems to easy just to say "yeah, Reporter NK did it". WHO is that guy?