Which Agatha Christie are you reading now?

Comments

• ianthepoetianthepoet Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
    I'm reading The Mirror Crack'd from Side to Side, my first Miss Marple.  
    Tell us your opinion of the book when you're finished. 
    Well I have finally finished The Mirror Crack'd from Side to Side, and was very disappointed. I'm not sure whether I'll read any more Miss Marple. At least I have tried and regretfully it was not one of her better ones.
  • I'm reading The Mirror Crack'd from Side to Side, my first Miss Marple.  
    Tell us your opinion of the book when you're finished. 
    Well I have finally finished The Mirror Crack'd from Side to Side, and was very disappointed. I'm not sure whether I'll read any more Miss Marple. At least I have tried and regretfully it was not one of her better ones.
    I'd try 4.50 from Paddington or A Murder is announced - they are more structured in the sense of a finite cast of characters and interactions. I liked them both.
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    I am sorry you didn't enjoy it, I would put it 10th in order of liking but It has Dolly and of course Miss Marple so it is better in my opinion than Caribbean Mystery and They Do It With Mirrors which don't have other recurring Characters., Tali's suggestions are great, those 2 books are 2 of my Favourites, Give them a go.
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    I'm reading the UK version of Murder is Easy.  There are a lot of differences from the US version.  For example, the name of the aristocrat is Lord Whitfield in the UK edition, while it's Lord Easterfield in the US edition.
    I wonder why that is.
  • shanashana Paramaribo, Suriname
    Maybe the name Whitfield was a known name belonging to an actual living person at that time?
    That is possible.
  • I'm currently reading The Unexpected Guest, a novelization of Christie's play by Charles Osborne. After that I will read Crooked House, hopefully 2 times before I watch the film next month.
    Has anyone read The Adventure of the Crooked man by another author with the initials A.C.? A story by Christie (not Crooked House) bears close resemblance to it. Can anyone help with the title? 
    I have just started Appointment With Death
  • edited December 2017
    shana said:
    Has anyone read The Adventure of the Crooked man by another author with the initials A.C.? A story by Christie (not Crooked House) bears close resemblance to it. Can anyone help with the title? 
    There is "The adventure of the crooked man" in "The memoirs of Sherlock Holmes" by Arthur Conan (A.C.) Doyle, and  "The adventure of the creeping man" in "The casebook of Sherlock Holmes by the same author. I'm re-reading "Crooked" to try and come up with an Agatha Christie parallel.

Perhaps the story is "While the light lasts". A completely different narrative, but in both stories there is a woman pulled between two men, and there are other similarities between the two stories.
    shana said:
    There is "The adventure of the crooked man" in "The memoirs of Sherlock Holmes" by Arthur Conan (A.C.) Doyle, and  "The adventure of the creeping man" in "The casebook of Sherlock Holmes by the same author. I'm re-reading "Crooked" to try and come up with an Agatha Christie parallel.

Perhaps the story is "While the light lasts". A completely different narrative, but in both stories there is a woman pulled between two men, and there are other similarities between the two stories.
    Thx Taliavishay-arbel, for the info. Is "Crooked" also a title of Doyle? 
  • I Meant "The adventure of the crooked man" by Doyle - I was just too lazy to type the full name.
    When Mrs Boynton was found dead I stopped reading Appointment With Death to read The Affair of The Christmas Pudding, The Blie Carbuncle by Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle and Jeeves and The Yuletide Spirit by P.G.Wodehouse, I am back to reading Appointment With Death now, I think Colonel Carbury is Great.
    I have started re-reading Hercule Poirot's Christmas
  • Currently reading A Pocket Full of Rye. This is actually the first time, to my memory, of reading this Miss Marple story. I've seen the Joan Hickson adaptation and the recent one with Julia McKenzie but surprisingly never read the book. Enjoying it so far and it's going at a nice pace, yet still making me anxious to read on, even though I know where the story is going and whodunit. 
    Is anyone familiar with the stories A.C wrote for the Detective Club? 
  • Ordeal by Innocence! Iv'e seen the McEwan version, obviously this had Marple in, but not in the book. Also curious as I want to watch the new version, but will catch up on iplayer. I am finding the book a real page turner and I think the dialogue is fantastic and really stands out in this one! Already steaming through it! 
  • Im getting towards the end, its Fantastic, been a real page turner, I think one her best! 
  • I have been to Greenway, and realising that it was one of the books AC was directly inspired by Greenway, and it certainly has a feeling of the place! The book is on my top AC now, as it has a freshness and the dialogue leaps of the page! 
    I have started Re-reading Murder is Easy.
    I have started re-reading And Then There Were None and then I will watch 3 Film versions (2 Black and white and one with Richard Attenborough, Gert Frobe, Charles Aznavour, Oliver Reed, Elkie Sommer and I think Herbert Lom and I will also listen to the Dramatised Radio version which I think is the most creepy of the 4 Adaptations.
    I have started One, Two, Buckle My Shoe, It is better than some, I still read it because there are only 2 books with Japp and no Hastings.
  • MohanMohan Chennai
    Michiel said:
    Re-reading Postern of Fate, primarily to see for myself if it is really as bad as they say.
    @Michiel?

• MohanMohan Chennai
    As I said I would Started 7 Dials, already 1 death.
    The Seven Dials Mystery is one of the rare exceptions where I actually enjoyed the TV version starring John Gielgud, Harry Andrews, Cheryl Campbell and James Warwick.  The book I know practically by heart.  I remember asking someone in another group what ''taking William from the lower border meant''.  It was explained but I've forgotten it again.  :-( 
  • MohanMohan Chennai
    The Floating Admiral
    @CrookedQuin
    Don't seem to have heard of this one - is it a short story?
  • tudestudes Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    No, @Mohan. It's a book written by AC and others mystery writers (The Detection Club). Each chapter was written by a different author.  Although only one author was responsable for writting the ending, in the end of the book there are the solutions thought by all the authors. It's very enjoyable reading. I liked it when I read it (a long time ago).

• Right now I'm currently reading Mrs. McGinty's Dead. Currently in the meat of the story where Poirot is settled in Broadhinny village, making inquiries into the brutal death of Mrs. McGinty. 

This Morning I started re-reading Evil Under The Sun, I am really looking forward to reading it again.