What Agatha Christie book are you reading right now?

Comments

• Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    Lucky you Mark having a Train Journey from Edinburgh to London, I read part of Death In The Clouds on a Train once.
  • MarcWatson-GrayMarcWatson-Gray Dundee City, United Kingdom
    OMG ! Madame Doyle...I am actually reading this right now....Is that not spookey ???
    I know that it's not a travel story,but i was caught by the cover !!!! Appointment With Death Is next...

• MarcWatson-GrayMarcWatson-Gray Dundee City, United Kingdom
    Hi Tommy....My connecting train was cancelled and the replacement was held up for over an hour due to a line-side fire !!!! That's probably why i was able to finish M.I.M.in one go !!!! Love Death In The Clouds....
  • Right now I'm currently reading Tommy & Tuppence Partners In Crime. I love the dialogue between T&T....it sparkles, it's lively, it flows well and it has great pacing and rhythm. Tuppence yearned for adventure and now she gets it.....a boatload of short stories and many adventures and cases to solve!
    Hello Marc at least you had a Christie with you to help the Journey along. I have recently finished the Partners in Crime Audio Cassette on CD..
    I am going to re-read Lord Edgware Dies later.
  • Reading for the second time Cards on the table
    My Joint Favourite Book.
  • My 'Summer Reading Program' was all the Poirot books I could lay my hands on, most currently Dead Man's Mirror (it's one of the Bantams, BTW).  Have already read The Hollow, Murder In Mesopotamia, Orient Express, Nile, and many others.
  • tudestudes Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Cards on the table is also one of my favorites. Fantastic book.

• jo46fjo46f Canada
    edited August 2016
    I just finished The ABC Murders and enjoyed it very much, my next book will be Endless Night. I have heard some bad reviews but mostly good and it was one of Christie's favourite books so I will keep an opened mind and give it a go. 
  • I just finished Dead Man's Mirror.   :)
  • I'm currently reading Nemesis right now . . . . half-way through the book
  • AnnikaAnnika United States of America
    Murder is Easy
  • CrookedQuinCrookedQuin California, United States
    I'm going to read Mrs. McGintys Dead and am currently reading Closed Casket by Sophie Hannah, to  see how different they are.
  • @CrookedQuin, I would love to hear your assessment on both Mrs. McGinty's Dead and Closed Casket -- the differences between Poirot in each of the books if there are any differences, the quality of the stories and which one is more ingenious as to the mystery, the writing styles between the two, etc. Details, details, details!  
  • I've read, in succession, Evil Under The Sun, Five Little Pigs (a favorite!), and Mr. Parker Pyne, Detective.
    I am re-reading Why Didn't They Ask Evans, I will then watch the Annis/Warwick Adaptation and then listen to the Audio Cassette which unfortunately although it is Very Good it is abridged
  • I'm reading Halloween Party. Fully enjoying it, especially the countryside scenario with the Fall atmosphere. Though the story is a darker one compared to other country mysteries of A.C. A most thrilling story to enjoy this Autumn ...
  • A Murder is Announced and only one more chapter to go! I've loved it, and glad iv read it now in October. The book has such a Autumnal feel about it.  
  • Luke said:
    A Murder is Announced and only one more chapter to go! I've loved it, and glad iv read it now in October. The book has such a Autumnal feel about it.  
    Luke how did you feel about (this is going to pertain some "spoilers" mainly about the ending)

When Miss Marple hides in the cupboard and imitates Dora Bunners voice as Letitia Blacklock (whom we later find out is Charlotte) tries to drown Mitzi, what did you think about that scene? Did you find it believable? Or did you find it unbelievable and awkwardly written? I hear some fans say that they don't find the scene believable, particularly Miss Marple imitating Dora's voice. But what do you think? 

• I'm reading ''The man in the brown suit'', it sounds very interesting and a bit different from other AC stories...So far, I'm loving the settings in the boat ...
  • @ChristieFanForLife
    yer I found the scene unbelievably written and it struck me as odd, I was left a bit bemuse. Overall I would give it 4/5 stars, and certainly 1 of the best Marple's in my opinion! 
  • Luke said:
    @ChristieFanForLife
    yer I found the scene unbelievably written and it struck me as odd, I was left a bit bemuse. Overall I would give it 4/5 stars, and certainly 1 of the best Marple's in my opinion! 
    I agree, it's definitely one of the best Miss Marple's and I enjoyed the characters a lot. About the ending (will contain "SPOILERS" for those who haven't read it): 

I think the reason why Agatha Christie had Miss Marple imitate Dora Bunner so that Letitia Blacklock could be stopped in her tracks as she was drowning Mitzi. For Letitia to hear Dora's voice would not only stop her but break her down which it did. Maybe it was a way to show that Letitia Blacklock wasn't such a evil, vicious character as would be said due to what she had done but to show that she was a woman who allowed greed to get in the way and fear is what drove her to commit the murders of her friend Dora Bunner and Murgatroyd. She is a character who "allowed evil into her heart" as Poirot said in Death on the Nile. 

• I'm not sure what I'm reading just now....it's a Poirot book, and has the word 'Tide' in the title, but DH just told me it had a different title originally.  I just started it, and am enjoying it so far.
  • edited October 2016
    Ajisai said:
    I'm not sure what I'm reading just now....it's a Poirot book, and has the word 'Tide' in the title, but DH just told me it had a different title originally.  I just started it, and am enjoying it so far.
    The original title is Taken At The Flood while the American title is There Is A Tide. But either way both titles are taken from a quote from the Shakespeare play Julius Caesar which says, "There is a tide in the affairs of men, which taken at the flood leads on to fortune . . . "
  • Thanks, ChristieFanForLife!  That's the one.  But DH couldn't recall the original title.
  • AgathasmykidAgathasmykid British Columbia, Canada
    I have started the much maligned 'Passenger to Frankfurt.'  Only about a quarter of the way through.  Stafford Nye seems fun, but it is a slow moving story thus far.
  • Okay...There Is A Tide....first one ever where I guessed right!!  Not every detail, of course, but enough to make me happy.  And then right after, I 'got' one of the Poirot short stories whose name I already forgot, but it was about suspected poisoning.
  • Ajisai said:
    Okay...There Is A Tide....first one ever where I guessed right!!  Not every detail, of course, but enough to make me happy.  And then right after, I 'got' one of the Poirot short stories whose name I already forgot, but it was about suspected poisoning.
    By some chance is this short story "The Cornish Mystery"?