What Agatha Christie book are you reading right now?

Comments

• tudestudes Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    I will start the ABC murders.. First time to read it
    I read it many times and it's always a pleasure! An excellent book! Really fantastic. One of my favorites!
  • Hi A/C lovers.At the moment I am reading,"Why Didn't They Ask Evans? I'm about a third way

through at the moment. Very good.Happy reading.JK

• And that was a wonderful book .. I enjoyed every single minute while reading it.

**spoiler alert ***
    I knew Alexander wasn't the murderer from the first time ,but then I thought he might be around poirot with a nickname and I thought of Franklin and Dr.Tompson ^-^

Hi A/C lovers.At the moment I am reading,"Why Didn't They Ask Evans? I'm about a third way

through at the moment. Very good.Happy reading.JK

I love this book. I remember the first time I read it! I love Bobby!
    And that was a wonderful book .. I enjoyed every single minute while reading it.

**spoiler alert ***
    I knew Alexander wasn't the murderer from the first time ,but then I thought he might be around poirot with a nickname and I thought of Franklin and Dr.Tompson ^-^

Yes, it's really amazing! It's one of the best! And Poirot solves the crime in a brilliant manner!

• Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    When I read it I nearly started back at the beginning again straight away same with The Sittorford Mystery and Towards Zero. One year I finished WDTAE on New Years Eve at 10.30 PM
    I read it on my father's birthday! He didn't like very much because I was late for dinner!
  • Belle-HalidayBelle-Haliday Victoria, Australia
    Currently rereading The Murder of Roger Ackroyd. I honestly think I'm enjoying it more the second time around. 
  • TuppenceBeresfordTuppenceBeresford Hertford, United Kingdom

I started reading The Hollow last night. I've seen the ITV version and I think it's a very clever plot (as usual!) but I don't really like any of the characters except Lucy Angkatell, who isn't very nice but she certainly has personality. I wish someone would kill them all off! I'm really looking forward to Poirot's arrival, which is interesting as Agatha Christie thinks the book would have been better without him. Maybe I'll enjoy it more after the murder. Nothing much has happened so far: it's mostly been scene-setting, though I usually really enjoy scene-setting..

Yes, The Hollow is a little slow. Sometimes, it doesn't seem a murder mystery at all.
    I have started The Mysterious Affair At Styles for the 3rd or 4th Time.
    Nice choice, Tommy_A_Jones! I love this book. when I read it for the first time, I was totally took by surprise!
    Thank you tudes, I am going round again as it were, I had forgotten it was set in Essex, I thought it was set in Wiltshire where the Adaptation was set and Made, Hastings Has just met up with Poirot.
    I'm re-reading Sparkling Cyanide.
  • Preil at end house for the first time. .I always enjoy poirot and hestings relationship
    I am re-reading The Secret Adversary, The Beresfords are very Underrated
  • It's been a while since I read because I allowed the internet to run my life but now I'm back to doing one of the things I love to do and that is reading--not only that but I'm back to reading Agatha Christie once again. I'm going to begin reading "The Edge" (this will be my first time reading it) which is from The Harlequin Tea Set short story collection. I can't wait to read it!
  • PippaBPippaB Louth, Ireland
    reading 'the murder on the links'.
  • ChristeryChristery Rhode Island, United States
    Just finished "Death in the Clouds". I really liked it, although the solution was a little far fetched.

I have just started The Sittaford Mystery, It is one when I finish it I want to re-read again but up to now I haven't dome that.

• I saw the Sittaford Mystery on tv. I haven't got that book at home, but I think I shall buy it from Amazon, as I remember quite enjoying the dramatisation.

You probably won't like the book then Griselda, Miss Marple isn't in it and the Murderer is changed, I fell asleep the first time I watched it.

• endless night  :)
    Yesterday I started re-reading Murder On The Links, I ad vowed never to read it for a 2nd time but comments on this site made me give it another go.
  • I didn't like the links one at all. Very rambling, and early feeling. Not compact at all. I will read it again, though, after what you say about the comments of other forum members.
  • After finishing peril at end house I downloaded TLM but didn't start it yet so currently...nothing huh :P
    Today, I started re-reading Crooked House. One of the best! It's been long time since my last reading. Still amazing!
  • I agree, I also liked Crooked House, and have reread it several times. By the way, anyone who's interested in comparing books might want to read Crooked House and then Ngaio Marsh's "Final Curtain". I mentioned them in a discussion about similarities, but the differences are interesting - particularily the role of the patriarch / victim in the family, the character of the young fiance / wife (and who she befriends) and the character and role of the grand-daughter. I prefer Crooked House, though they are both interesting.
    I agree with you Griselda, I don't think I will ever read it again when I finish it.
  • I'm enjoying reading Three Act Tragedy again, and all the little bits which are not actually central to solving the mystery - the social details. I'd like to read Peril at End House after that.
  • MarcWatson-GrayMarcWatson-Gray Dundee City, United Kingdom
    I've just started Pearl At End House.It's set in summertime and i'm hoping that it'll make up for the summer that we haven't had in Scotland........So far......

P.S. Also love the cast of characters !!