What Agatha Christie book are you reading right now?

167891012»

Comments

• Ajisai said:
    Okay...There Is A Tide....first one ever where I guessed right!!  Not every detail, of course, but enough to make me happy.  And then right after, I 'got' one of the Poirot short stories whose name I already forgot, but it was about suspected poisoning.
    By some chance is this short story "The Cornish Mystery"? 

Yes!  Now that I have the book on hand, that's it.
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom

I have started re-reading N or M, I love it, It was the 1st T&T Books I read and one of the 1st of Christies Books too.

• I'm about to start The Sittaford Mystery. I only read it once many moons ago. 
  • I'm currently reading The Sittaford Mystery and it reads like new to me because I don't remember "whodunit", considering the fact that I only read it once when I was young, and apart from the "seance" scene, so far there are some scenes that I don't remember. Christie really knows how to keep the reader absorbed to the page. She keeps you intrigued from start to finish. 

This morning I started re-reading Cards On The Table for the 8th Time

• This morning I started re-reading Cards On The Table for the 8th Time

Just goes to show that re-reading Agatha Christie's books never gets old. Even when you already know "whodunit" you can always pick up on things that you never noticed before or think about certain things never thought about on previous reads. 
    Yes, I never tire of this book sadly IMHO after this Poirot Stories take a slight slump after this book until the 50s with Ariadne Books and CATP
  • edited May 2017
    Yes, I never tire of this book sadly IMHO after this Poirot Stories take a slight slump after this book until the 50s with Ariadne Books and CATP
    Do you keep a written record of the number of times you re-read A.C's books or do you make a tally inside the books? 

I did, on a file on my Computer but then the Computer broke a and was going to do that on my next Computer but haven't got round to it but I know how many times I have read Cards On The Table, ABC Murders - 8 each I think Why didn't They Ask Evans is 6, as is Body In The Library, Lord Edgware Dies and The Murder of Roger Ackroyd is 3, Destination Unknown and They Came to Baghdad is 4 (I think), Endless Night, Death Comes At The End, Sparkling Cyanide, Passenger To Frankfurt, Murder In Mesopotamia and Peril At End House are most definitely 1, The Big Four is 2 and all the other Novels are 5 -with those I take 3 from the amount I have read ABC and COTT, I have no idea about the short stories, some are 1 but others I keep returning to.Oh Yes, Murder On The Orient Express 2, some I have decided I will stop reading after the next time, at least 3 all Poirot's.

I have decided Destination \unknown and They Came To Baghdad are no longer for me and might give Sparkling Cyanide another go.